News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muenster TX / Gainesville TX June 24-25 Pistol Clinic AAR

Started by Steck, June 28, 2023, 04:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

Beneath a blue-grey October sky the Four Horsemen rode again
On the absolute surface of the sun in North Texas, ten students braved punishing heat and humidity to refine their pistol fundamentals.

And what refinement we saw!

Justin with a 218!
Jon with a 220!
and... Brandon with a 241!

^:)^

Day 2, more fuel in the blowtorch and a few students with pre-cooked innards didn't make it back for Sunday.

IIT Danoman shot a 213!

Photos to come.

Great work everyone!

AF5US

Great job, and thanks so much for taking the lead on this. I was going to say that I was sorry to miss, but I saw the temperatures . . . yeah, it's a good 20 degrees cooler while I'm out of state. Never fear, I'm sure it will still be toasty next month.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Gugisman

The Goins Firearms and Shooting classroom, which is air conditioned, allowed us all to cool off during history stories.
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

scuzzy

lol - A/C? That's nice. And brutal the heat is.

Thanks all y'all.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Philip_Dimmitt

A few photos

mrakestraw

Good work all instructors and students, this was a spicy shoot! Everyone did well to manage the heat, we hope to see you on the line when it's hopefully not as hot.
07/21: Rifleman
12/21: KD Rifleman, Distinguished, Morgan's Shingle
01/22: Pistoleer™

Turbo Pin, Complete Combatant Black Belt Patches, 3.45 card, MSP 3/4 patch, Tier 1 Three Sevens patch

Come get more instruction with me!
My next class is: Sage Dynamics in March in Muenster, TX

Bjornstein

Hey Steck,
You are correct. My first score was 241. The remaining PQTs I scored b/t 241-246! So I got better.... and so close to 250! (I blame the heat!) Thanks for all the help!  Also, I didn't take any pics, but I'll piece together a short 1-minute video and post it here when finished. Give me about 5 weeks. (A long time to wait... I know.)
-Brandon

mrakestraw

I forgot to say that without help from Gugisman, Alex Rushin, and ScottinTx we would not have been able to have such a great event. Thanks again to all the instructors who came out to run the line and help!
07/21: Rifleman
12/21: KD Rifleman, Distinguished, Morgan's Shingle
01/22: Pistoleer™

Turbo Pin, Complete Combatant Black Belt Patches, 3.45 card, MSP 3/4 patch, Tier 1 Three Sevens patch

Come get more instruction with me!
My next class is: Sage Dynamics in March in Muenster, TX