News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clinton, IA August 23-24, 2014 AAR

Started by Steck, August 24, 2014, 11:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

IXOYE

We had a great shoot in Clinton. I especially want to commend everyone for persisting through the thunder storm that completely soaked us all on Saturday and then the sun and heat that sapped our energy on Sunday. The conditions were against us yet everyone stuck with it. A few shooters were getting some nice groups on each course of fire but they couldn't quite put them all together at the same time. Hopefully they can work on their skills at home so when they come back they will earn their rifleman patch.

Thank you to Glenn and the Izaak Walton club for hosting the event. Your hospitality, range preparation, and clubhouse facilities were all very much appreciated. I'd also like to thank the instructors from Illinois who helped us out.

I took a few pictures during the event. I'll try to get some of them posted in the next day or two.

Rex
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures taken during the event. I hope everyone enjoys them.

Instruction Time

Learning IMC

Checking Targets

Love that Green Rifle

Working on Seated Position

Shooting under the shade

After the rain

More checking targets

Youth participants with Rex

Group minus two

Steck helping adjust a sling
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Steck

Saturday, after the rain

Instruction at the target line

Steck

Proud, fluttering flags ... thanks, Rex!

Sunday's winning team