News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim PA 9/19-20 Appleseed AAR

Started by lprgcfrank, September 19, 2009, 09:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

Preliminary Report from Saturday

We squeeeezed 29 shooters into the 2 bays at Manheim today. 
13 walk'on's!! Mooney is doing a great job on publicizing these shoots!
SB/lprgcfrank
Instructor - Chainsaw
IIT - Frontsight

I posted these photo's on Twitter - do a search on search.twitter.com for Appleseed Manheim  and you will see them as well
More detailed AAR to follow

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

Sunday Update
We had a total of 8 riflemen out of our class of 29 on Saturday and 17 on Sunday!
I ran out of Rifleman patches and still owe 3 folks their patches!

Saturday we saw 2 Riflemen on the first AQT of the day.
Eric with a 241!  He shot the 400 yd stage clean!  Eric is a real shooter as he also shot a 236 on the first RFAQT of the day.
Craig with a 219.
On Sunday morning we shot kDan's Sunrise AQT and David shot a 219.
Rachael shot a 221 with a loaner 10-22 and Mac shot a 213 on our first standard AQT of the day.
After doing a rifleman cadence drill - we got into a series of RFAQT's for 3 more Riflemen
Big H with a 221, Dennis with a 223 and Sam with a 211.

The weather was outstanding, 70 degrees, sunny, light breeze.
Eltonville Sportsmens Association is an outstanding host.

The entire group has the Appleseed spirit as all stayed to help with the range tear down and policing up the brass.

We have 2 new Orange Hats as Mac and Big H are stepping up to become IIT's

Frontsight passed his IPC and is now an IIT1.

Here are the photo's from Sunday

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

B9

Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!

Great job frank!
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Rundownfid

What a great week-end for shooting; I hope the weather is as pleasant next month when I'm signed up.

mooney

Awesome news!!!!!

Wish I could have been there. I hope the range manager or board members showed up to see how big it is getting.

THANK YOU lprgcfrank !!!!!!! and all the instructors for making this a great DAR site.

Chambersburg is our next event and I hope we can fill the line like we did at all of our other PA sites.

Mooney
Mooney

crak

Check your drama at the door.

lprgcfrank

Mooney,
Yes board member Ranger Rick stopped by on Sat.  He was very impressed with the 29 folks on the line.  He gave us permission to permanently install posts in the berm to support the target line (this'll keep Chainsaw from getting stung again as he was securing the end of the line).  He would like either you or another representative of Appleseed to attend an upcoming board meeting and floor meeting to talk about Appleseed to their members.  You should contact the range manager Steve Lowe to schedule.  The next floor meeting is Sunday Oct 11 at 3pm.  Board meets at 1pm.

Quote from: mooney on September 21, 2009, 03:10:51 PM
Awesome news!!!!!

Wish I could have been there. I hope the range manager or board members showed up to see how big it is getting.

THANK YOU lprgcfrank !!!!!!! and all the instructors for making this a great DAR site.

Chambersburg is our next event and I hope we can fill the line like we did at all of our other PA sites.

Mooney

kDan

Our own posts, eh...  I think I actually left some there.  But you can't use those.  I want them back.  Set 'em aside for me, please.   @&)  I should be there between Wednesday and...  say...  June?

Love to see Manheim take off.  I was there in August, or was it July.  I know it was this summer.  Still 2009, right?  Did you guys take advantage of the big field behind you yet?  I think, if I remember correctly, we can go out to 100 yards.  Have to shoot through the walmart tarps, but that's only if they don't fly away (I love it when they fly away!).  Green coats at 100 yards and .22's (or whatever) the 100 becomes 400 and the 400 becomes 1600!  Just a thought.  Eight m.o.a. drop on a .22.  Good way to take advantage of 100 yards on ranges where we really can't go out to a freakin MILE!  Excellent opportunity for our scoped, bolty .22 shooters who otherwise suffer neglect and mockery at the hands of the semi's.   Tula's and CZ's - yeah!

Are you serious with the 25 riflemen?  That's ridiculous.  CHEATERS!!!!  I call shenanigans.

Chainsaw, Frontsight, good to see you guys again, if only in photos.  Frank, miss you bro! 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

lprgcfrank

Dan
What posts are you talking about   ++)

We only had 8 Riflemen by score - but lots more with Rifleman attitude!

We didn't have enough staff to safely use the KD range - It was in the planned COF. 

If we develop some more IIT's and Instructors out here - we'll get on the KD rrange and have some FUN -

You taught me a lot - I would not have been able to complete my first time as SB without yours, Nickle's and Atticus's help!

Machine Mac

I first learned about the AS project about 2 months ago and I read everything I could find about it, the only thing left to do was get out and attend. All I can say is that Frank, Chainsaw, and Frontsight made this past weekend's event everything I had thought it would be and then some. I just wanted to thatnk you all for the time and the passion that you put into making this event what it was.....Outstanding. It is contagious.

Trevor and I will be back in October and we will be bringing some friends with us. Trevor is determined to give up cooking.

Again, thanks to all.

Mac

Big H

My first Appleseed:
What a series of great experiences. A beautifully maintained host range, with a wedding at the clubhouse on Saturday and the sporting clays on Sunday. lprgcfrank, Chainsaw, and Frontsight keeping the squeezed-in lines safe. The history lessons, teaching the tradition. The camaraderie of fellow shooters. The top-notch instruction.
Thanks for an amazing week-end!

Frontsight

Hey Folks - What a GREAT weekend!  Thanks to all the shooters for getting off the couch and coming out.  It was a genuine pleasure to meet and talk with every one of you.  I can't remember a more rewarding experience.  Big H and Mac, you won't regret taking the Orange Hat - thanks for stepping up and volunteering to help out.  There's an IBC in Harvard Mass at the end of October that I'm planning to attend.  It will be pretty cool to learn the history while on the ground where it happened.  Mac - I'd say your son willl have a patch of his own in short order.  It was great to see him self correcting with every new AQT.  All he needs is a little practice, and I'm sure you'll see to that. Congratulations to all the new riflemen (And new riflewoman)  It sure feels great, doesn't it?  Congratulations to all the folks who'll make it next time too.  You got up and tried!  There's not enough folks who do even that much anymore.  I'm proud to know all of you.  Thanks again - John (Frontsight)

Master Po

We had ideal weather.  The emphasis on safety was great  O0
The instructors had their work cut out for them with 29 students.
IIRC 7/8 Riflemen made it with plain 10/22s.  (the super high scorer's was scoped)

;D I heard someone shot each morning Redcoat target clean  ;D

lprgcfrank

We had 1 clean redcoat all but the end of the day Sunday - great progress from AM to PM each day!

REDCOAT TARGET DATA   Sat. AM   Sat. PM   Sun. AM   Sun. PM
Redcoat - Zero hits   10   5   5   3
Redcoat - 100 Yds   13   7   4   1
Redcoat - 200 Yds.   0   5   1   2
Redcoat - 300 Yds.   1   0   2   1
Redcoat - 400 Yds   0   0   1   3
Redcoat - Headshot   2   10   3   6
Redcoat - Cleaned   1   1   1   0

Frontsight

Big H and Machine Mac - Don't make the same mistake that I made when studying for your IIT Progress Checks.  I used the handouts I received at an earlier Appleseed and some of the info was out of date.  There is a lot of info posted on the forum in the instructor section.  There are outlines of what needs to be studied for each check.  Read them and learn the easy way.  Mac - AIM Surplus has mags for your son's GSG.  They are around 30.00 a pop though, don't know if that's good or bad.  I'm sure you can google up the website, look under the magazine category.  Take care guys,

John