News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need some help promoting!

Started by Magloader, March 09, 2012, 11:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magloader

I have taken over the Williamsburg promotions but I needed some hep getting Appleseed events onto community calenders for the following counties: Whitley, Bell, Knox, Harlan, Clay, Laurel, Rockcastle, Pulaski, Wayne, McCreary, Jackson, Garrad, and Madison.

If anyone is willing to help please send me a PM.

I am also calling those we sent press releases to, and I wanted to say congratulations Kentucky!! I have 188 influential people to call and  talk to about Appleseed and this is going to help us so much with getting more people on our lines. You should all be proud  O0 O0 O0
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

SPQR

Look on Promotions WL-X, i have posted some loose guidelines for writing and sending press releases.  It doesn't hurt to surf the web a bit and find the specific email addresses for news editors at local papers.  Also, you can't forget the importance of making personal contacts, especially as you get further east into the mountain counties where it is more rural and there are fewer papers.  If you know the names of some of the shooters from the last seed there it can't hurt to contact them, also give Butch a call and see if he can give you some names, he is really helpful for a grumpy old man  ;) 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Unbridled Liberty

I'll do community calendars for Whitley, Bell, Knox, Harlan, and Clay.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

brdholman

I took care of all the listed counties on Americantowns.com last night.
Brad

Unbridled Liberty

As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Magloader

Thank you so much Brad! That is a huge help to me!
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Unbridled Liberty

Found another calendar venue today:

http://www.eventcrazy.com  "America's search engine for fun things to do!"

I listed Williamsburg.  Crittenden needs to be listed.  What do you say northern KY instructors?  Who will get it done?

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Magloader

Has anyone stepped up to put the events on there yet? If not I think I should be able to do it.