News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Official 2012 Kentucky Press Release

Started by Unbridled Liberty, February 20, 2012, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Kentucky 7th steppers, please use the attached press release for your promotion efforts.  Please observe the following DO's (and one DON'T):

DO email the releases one at a time to your recipients.

DON'T send the release as an attachment.  DO copy and paste it into the body of your email; DO make the subject line the headline from your release. A lot of journalists will automatically classify you as spam or delete your email if you attach anything.

DO send it on Tuesday! This is the start of the week, not Monday, (when journalists are playing catch-up) and offers enough time to get the story into the editorial budget.

You can use Fred's GOA media tool to send to up to 5 outlets at once: 
http://capwiz.com/gunowners/dbq/media/?command=state_search&state=ky
I am going to get up a little early tomorrow morning and take Advocate Messenger through Franklin Favorite.

I need someone to take these tomorrow AM as well:
Georgetown News-Graphic through Mayfield Messenger
and
Messenger-Inquirer through Winchester Sun 

Whoever wants to take each of these two, please post up tonight with your intentions.  No duplicates please...

When you fill out the GOA form, you may plug in all my info, and you may use the following address (found on the back of every trifold):
P.O. Box 965
Morehead, KY 40351-0965

You might want to check the box "Remember Me! (what's this?)" so you don't have to enter the info multiple times.  But please uncheck the box "Sign me up for the GOA E-Mail Alert Network."

Easy Peazy, copy and paste, five redcoats with each shot!  Ain't technology amazing?  As Funfaler says "beats grabbing your musket off the rack and meeting a column of redcoats."

A PR pro that I know will be sending me a media list as an Excel spreadsheet, which I will post here as well.  We will share that one too.  ~~:)

BTW- THIS IS IMPORTANT - When you copy and paste the contents of the attached press release, include ALL of the contents, including the Contact info, the words For Immediate Release and the little ### at the bottom.  It's some journalistic standard for press releases.  You never know, it may make the difference between getting further attention and going in the trash.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ChuckS

I'll do the second list, Georgetown to Mayfield.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: ChuckS on February 20, 2012, 10:00:41 PM
I'll do the second list, Georgetown to Mayfield.

Thank you Chuck.  Any takers for the third set?

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

I've got the third set, Messenger-Inquirer through Winchester Sun.

SHOOT!  That was too easy.  Took me 4 minutes to send 40 releases and I had time left over to field strip, clean and reassemble my US Rifle.
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Believer

Unbridled_Liberty & ChuckS:

Thank you for taking time to work on this project!  I look forward to watching the fruits of your labor increase the number of locations and the number of participants in the Commonwealth of Kentucky!

Thank you!

SOMSOM

An Ordinary American teaching other Ordinary Americans basic riflery skills and American Revolutionary War History in an extraordinary way.