News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chugiak, Alaska 13 -14 September 2014 AAR

Started by fisherdawg, September 12, 2014, 06:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

fisherdawg

Saturday & Sunday September 13th & 14th, 2014 in Chugiak Alaska, nineteen souls, from all walks of life, showed up to pay respects to the traditions and heritage that we all share. 

I am honored to have been able to spend this weekend with you all.  The determination that you each showed in the face of adversity is one of the defining characteristics of what it means to be an American, and it was exhibited by all of you in spades this weekend.

I would like to extend my utmost gratitude to the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park staff, who undertook great effort to ensure the safety and well being of all in attendance. 

I'd also like to thank my fellow instructors:
Taka222 -- you are an awesome Instructor.  You are the cornerstone of Appleseed Alaska ans I know I can you rely on in every aspect of the shoot.
AlaskaRed -- you define Professionalism with your outstanding instruction and attention to detail
Dave220 -- your quiet, confident demeanor radiated all weekend to our shooters.  Your outstanding 7th stepping help fill the line with great folks.
LittleJohn220 -- you are an insightful marksmanship coach.  Just look what you did for Ben! Creative solution to the problem you detected -- that's the way!
Eagleriver -- you unstoppable energy is amazing.  Thank you and even though I kidded you about the chowder, it was great.  Ranger!
Eric Bovee -- Shoots the score Saturday afternoon, RSO Sunday morning, outstanding Line Boss Sunday afternoon -- that's what we call a fast mover.
RedBoston -- You do a great job and are so insightful on our shooters.  You always willing to help every shooter with enthusiasm & focus.
Thank you all!!!!  ;D

I couldn't have done it without you guys (and gal), and you all have my eternal thanks.  You each represent what is great about this program, and this country. Taking time away from family, hearth and home, volunteering to spread the ideals and traditions of the founding generation; I'm proud to know and work with each of you. 

Five New Rifleman!
HUZZAH
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Eric Bovee 215 (Saturday -- Sunday he picked up an orange hat and started paying it forward immediately.  That's cool.  :cool2:
Kako 210, 217  Just don't wait so long to shoot with us again, ok?  Think about the Orange hat too please.
Ben 225 That is a smoking score.  Good work.
Graham B. 217.  I'm we shoot that last AQT. Spread the word & hope to see you son.
Constantine 211 Steady application of the fundamentals got you there!  Spread the word and come back soon.

Graham P. 202 at your first event is truly outstanding.  Remember, yu have a little time to become the youngest Rifleman in Alaska.
Lucas
Virgal
Isaiah
Sandra
Rebecca
Jonathan
Jerry
Grace
Lisa
Matt
Jim
Barbara
Dorian
It was my pleasure to get to know each and every one of you.  Please come back to Appleseed, if for no other reason that the fact I enjoy the people I meet there.  They are the finest.  Helping them become accomplished marksmen is just the frosting on the cake.

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

fisherdawg

More photos -- please post yours!

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"