News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

200th Anniversary of Battle of Lake Erie Reenactment 2013

Started by dirtdawg, January 27, 2012, 08:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtdawg

Yesterday afternoon I heard about an upcoming event next year that sounded very interesting, the bicentennial reenactment of the Battle of Lake Erie.
Link-> Bicentennial Battle of Lake Erie

My guess is that it may have been discussed on these boards before, but a search yielded no results.  As reenactment events go, this one seems pretty big and potentially a great opportunity to promote the RWVA.  Anybody hip to this? 

Dirtdawg

MeanStreaker

I'm not familiar with it but that looks like it could be a big event!  Dirtdawg, PM incoming to see if you're interested in spearheading us getting something together, seeing if we can have a table around the tall ships or something...
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

dirtdawg

Well, I did get a response from the appropriate committee member regarding our involvement with this exciting event.  It sounds as if there is a lot of coordination that is getting funneled through this individual, so I need to be sure to present a concise and coherent statement about who we are and what kind of presence we want at the event.

So as a relative newb, what kind of resources could we bring to bear for such an event?  I was kind of thinking we could push for billing as a presenter, as opposed to confining ourselves to a booth as an exhibitor.  They do have slots for land-based Militia as part of the re-enactment. 

I need to get into contact with some local folks up on the big lake.  I am happy to do what I can to lead the charge remotely, but I fear we could miss out on a bigger opportunity due to not knowing enough about what kind of effort we can bring to bear.

As it happens, I have to spend a few days in Sandusky (Feb 5-7), so if anybody want to check in, send me a PM.