News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Future Lima Events

Started by Dougum, January 11, 2012, 04:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougum

With Fred and the Programs New found vigor I think Ohio needs to help fulfill the nation's 2012 goals. Lately it seems as if Lima shoots have been lacking in numbers and spirit. If anyone lives in or around Lima we really need to get the word out and get people to those shoots. I'm not looking for lime to become the next G-burg or New Philadelphia but we need to set a goal of at least 5-6 people at these shoots. Fliers, Library Seeds, talking to family + friends, anything. I would be more than willing to help set someone up at the Lima gun show but i just need someone to PM me. Now enough of the whining from me.  :DH: Every body have a happy and safe New Year in Ohio Appleseed.  O0

Dougum
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Sly223

Maybe focus on ADA, or the other lil' communities,
Lima seems like a bigger town,
A lot of people work there, but ,live elsewhere.
When I was there for what its worth, the outskirts,had very warm and friendly people.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Ratchett

Hey Dougum up that goal to 23!!

We gotta work on getting as many Americans off the couch with a rifle in their hand instead of a remote!! The ship is sinking faster than most will admit and we gotta bail better and faster.  O0

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

slim

Of the two Lima events I went to in 2011, one was during the fair and the other was 17 degrees (with a high of 28).

From what I understand the Lima SABRES club is very friendly to us and would love to help us fill the lines. In 2012 we'll be better able to work through the club and get the club members themselves to come out.

Gordon

I posted on this very matter, here, a month ago, and and the post went completely unanswered except for Shadowman who's from Washington. Glad to know we're finally doing something about it.

Here's a clipping from that post:
"I can't take any leadership or initiative (beyond this post), but I'm willing to perhaps assist some broader effort. I live a bit over an hour's drive from Lima Sabres, and I'd be willling to make a few trips down there between now and Spring. I've got some share of public speaking experience and of "7th stepping" experience." (emphasis added).

Offer still stands. If there's any plan to energize this site, I'll help if I can.

Dougum: Why not aim to make Lima "the next Gibsonburg or New Philadelphia"? -- OK maybe the facility is not quite large enough for that but yes! I agree with Ratchett. If you're gonna set a goal, don't set it at 5 or 6, set it at 23 (the capacity at that location).  :)

Dougum when is "the Lima gun show"?

Ratchett

Lima is graciously hosting 4 Appleseed events n 2012. Whatever it takes to get those lines filled!

Gordon, take the reins partner 7th step away!! We have been pretty lax in Ohio lately on those other 28 days of the month. May you and PB could get a libraryseed together to get some interest drummed.

Maybe visit gun shops in the area between your house and the club---I do not know if there are any. Move away from gun culture and hit other community organizations. Does BGSU have a Second Amendment Club?? If so contact them.

If you and Dougum can get together on the gun show, I can get materials to you guys.

All kinds of venue out there to get to folks, we just gotta get steppin ;)

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Dougum

Quote from: Gordon on January 12, 2012, 11:06:23 PM
I posted on this very matter, here, a month ago, and and the post went completely unanswered except for Shadowman who's from Washington. Glad to know we're finally doing something about it.

Here's a clipping from that post:
"I can't take any leadership or initiative (beyond this post), but I'm willing to perhaps assist some broader effort. I live a bit over an hour's drive from Lima Sabres, and I'd be willling to make a few trips down there between now and Spring. I've got some share of public speaking experience and of "7th stepping" experience." (emphasis added).

Offer still stands. If there's any plan to energize this site, I'll help if I can.

Dougum: Why not aim to make Lima "the next Gibsonburg or New Philadelphia"? -- OK maybe the facility is not quite large enough for that but yes! I agree with Ratchett. If you're gonna set a goal, don't set it at 5 or 6, set it at 23 (the capacity at that location).  :)

Dougum when is "the Lima gun show"?

I do believe that they have one every month. I've been to a few of them but I'll check out when exactly they are and shoot ya a pm

Dougum

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

Gordon

Quote from: slim on January 12, 2012, 12:17:52 PM
From what I understand the Lima SABRES club is very friendly to us and would love to help us fill the lines. In 2012 we'll be better able to work through the club and get the club members themselves to come out.

Excellent! But what does this mean exactly? In what way are they willing to help us fill the lines? In what way can we work through the club?

Slim if you had unlimited time and energy to follow up on this, what would you do? And is there any version of that which you can reasonably hand off to me?

Quote from: Dougum on January 13, 2012, 05:27:56 PM
I do believe that they have [a gun show] every month. I've been to a few of them but I'll check out when exactly they are and shoot ya a pm

Excellent. But why PM? Why not here, so anyone else who wants to help will see the chance?

Thanks, -G.

Dougum

Good point Gordon! Here's the website. They've got it updated thru 2013. http://www.tristategunshow.org/ If anyone's interested in setting up I'll get the spot secured and help to supply some promo materials.

Dougum

-- Robert A. Heinlein

-- George Washington

slim

Unfortunately Gordon is no longer with us so we'll have to find someone else to take on this task, Dougum.

Anyone up that way want to work the gun show? It's a bunch of fun! And, one of the unmentioned benefits to working a gun show is most of the retailers give other exhibitors a pretty decent discount. Spending money at the show is wonderful retail therapy.... spending MORE money at the show is priceless!

I'll review that list and if there are any free weekends I'll see if I can join you up there for at least one of them. I'm tired of getting skunked in Lima!