News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Conneaut D-DAY ReEnactment Help Needed Aug 19/20

Started by Ratchett, August 03, 2011, 12:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Hello everyone!!

Birdman has secured an Appleseed table during for the D-DAY reenactment on August 19/20. He could use staffing help those days. Please, anyone in the area or willing to travel to Conneaut, get in touch with Roger and let him know you can help out.

This is another 7th step opportunity we cannot let go by folks. This is a group of people who should be supportive of our mission/message.

Thank you all for considering this event!!

In His grip,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Birdman

Thanks Ratchett!
This event is growing every year.  Last year there were about 6,000 spectators and 448 re-enactors.  (The Germans lost AGAIN!)
A vendor area is set up, which is where the Appleseed tent will be.
Usually several landing craft and replica P-51s join the show.
I am looking to borrow an Appleseed banner for the tent.
edit: (pretty sure I have a banner lined up :) )
Here is a link:  http://www.ddayohio.us/
Birdman

slim

I'll check my schedule. This is definitely a possiblity.

I heard the Germans are going to lose again this year too!

Birdman

Ok, here is a short report, with pictures.
651 re-enactors participated. Dozens of vehicles, period motorcycles, tracked vehicles, numerous large personnel transports, replica P-51s, a B25 ^:)^, and loads of GIs and Germans, guys and gals, with all the accouterments.
Several thousand spectators.
I had about 2 dozen real good contacts,with genuine interest that I think will be attending an Appleseed.
I really made a hit with one particular 3 yr old.  He was ready to go plant appleseeds right now. That's the spirit!
Here are some pictures:

slim

I'm bumping this back to the top after watching a show the other day and seeing this thing in action. Birdman's posted some really neat pictures and told us all about it in the past, but I didn't really grasp the enormity of it until seeing it on the boob tube.

We need to make a concerted effort to promo the heck out of this event this year. It looks like we could make some really solid nationwide contacts and it also looks like a lot of fun!

I hope many of you will start looking at the schedule and kind of setting that weekend aside. This year it's Aug. 17-18 and we need to show out. Strong! Just like our boys did back in '44.

Hope to see you there!

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

Birdman

I will do some boots on the ground here and get this started.
It is really a HUGE event now, the largest D-Day event in the country.

Charles McKinley

Looks like a great event and not too far from home. ;D

It's on the calander.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

slim

Do you hear that, folks? That's three of us going now.

Who's gonna join us?

Uncle Davey

Where is Conneaut at? Is the 506th PIR represented there? (Easy Co.) What would be our role..I take it as promo-ing AS
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Birdman

Conneaut is on Lake Erie in the FAR Northeast corner of Ohio.
As far as the Appleseed set-up, it would be much like a gun show table...banners, posters, literature, redcoat targets, greencoat targets, other info. Answer questions, etc.
I had a dummy rifle stock with sling to show those that had interest.
I had a laptop with some Appleseed videos playing.

Maybe this ought to be a new thread so as not to get the dates mixed up.
What ya think slim?

Ratchett

Agreed Birdman, I tried to change dates for that reason but did not work. You may have better luck changing since you made original post.

IHG,
ratchett

Birdman

Ratchett, you started this thread....I was second :)
I will start another thread after I get the ok from the D-Day committee.

Ratchett

:shootself:  I even read the thread from the beginning. Old timers setting in Rog, my only excuse--lol.