News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen (Breman), NY 9/13-14

Started by zercool, September 15, 2008, 09:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I did not spend as much time as I would have liked pressing the flesh at New Bremen as per orders from VAshooter (Dr. Phill), and must have forgot to hand out any the thousands of business cards I have.

...and you made rifleman.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

Yes, I am no longer the fodder for the NY team. Now on to finding replacements for that duty.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

kDan

You know we can't find a replacement for you, bro.  You did a great job this year. Can you believe how short a time it's actually been for the amount of work we've put in? 

I think, how's this sound - I think, hear me out - we should send you to Scotland, have you cloned 20 or so times and send the clones out to the states that still don't have SC's!  Of course, we'll keep one here in NYS in reserve.  I'm sure Mrs. B-9 can use an extra too :-*, so you can spend more time online.  >:( 

btw - I owe you 5 bucks!  Thanks for getting me my jacket back - I can see where you had to seem rip the patch, sorry.  Believe it or not, that scrawny thing works awesome!  Next time, the sodas are on me - again.   ::)

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

SonOfLiberty

'bout time I put in my two cents I suppose.

One of the tattooed Vegan Straight Edge kids here.

"Wait, wait just a minute now .. you're Vegan? So you don't eat meat, so you don't hunt, well then why do you own a gun?" Yes, I've had this said to me numerous times.

Anyway, New Bremen Appleseed shoot was a great time! Upset though it being my second Appleseed and not qualifying again. Had issues with my SKS the first day but ultimately it was all on me. Saturday night was rough. The skeeters were BRUTAL and once the rain really started coming down we retreated to the club house with our gear, looked through some CTD mags then TRIED to sleep in the car. Tried. Sunday I used an HK 93. Something can be said about the triggers but once again, ultimately it was all on me. I had some decent groups with it but Dave suggested I used one of his 10/22's. Last AQT I scored a 184.

I brought my 14-year-old little brother with me. He used a Bushmaster M4. I suggested he use a loner 10/22 but he refused and said that he liked the M4. haha Towards the end of Sunday however he borrowed a glove from Ed's wife(thanks again) because the 1913 raid was biting into the support hand. He did not qualify either, but came away with the basic skills to, with a little practice, make rifleman. Since the shoot he has made significant progress, getting really tight groups with my WASR-10.

Thanks again to all the instructors-Anders, Dan, Dave, Nickle.
In the beginning a patriot is a scarce man: hated, feared & scorned; but in time, when his cause succeeds, the timid join them, because then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

kDan

Hey Vegan Straight Edge Kids

We gotta talk around the fire sometime, me an your boys.  It's all about the golden spruce look it up.

Ultimately, it's gonna be up to those of us who can still climb a fence to get it done.

Leadership is key, but fitness is essential.

Youth Of Today!!!

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

SonOfLiberty

Well if you ever get sick of the big city, come check out Elbridge. We'll cook you up some fine Vegan cuisine.

As far as Youth of Today goes, never listened to them much or got into them. More of a Madball, Biohazard, Blood For Blood kinda guy. But I respect where everything came from so I give Youth Of Today the credit the earned.
In the beginning a patriot is a scarce man: hated, feared & scorned; but in time, when his cause succeeds, the timid join them, because then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

kDan

check out Y.O.T. and 7Seconds if nothing else.  They broke ground for you to stand on.  MDC, Dead Kennedy's, Murphy's Law, Angry Samoans, these guys risked their freakin necks.

Cro-mags playing tomorrow in brooklyn.  haven't seen them since "Age of Quarrel" tour - '86.  Best ny/hc band of all time, no dispute.  Bad Brains were from D.C.

"World Peace can't be found...
It just can't exist..."

Best NY/HC band for real. 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

SOL, a picture of you and your brother. I have so many pictures I am posting them on a need to see basis....
There are many other pictures here...http://www.flickr.com/groups/rwva/

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

SonOfLiberty

Ed-Thanks, Keagan will be stoked on this.

Dan-I saw Cro-Mags once before. 2002. But I don't know, AF and Madball, for sure my favorite NY bands. DMS. hahaha

SonOfLiberty

Oh my . . . Ed . . . where was that picture taken of the man shooting the M4 with the suppressor on it? PA? All it took was one trip to Vegas and shooting the MP5SD and now I'm hooked. I gotta get out of NY.

ChrisSOL

Quote from: kDan on September 27, 2008, 01:50:24 AM
check out Y.O.T. and 7Seconds if nothing else.  They broke ground for you to stand on.  MDC, Dead Kennedy's, Murphy's Law, Angry Samoans, these guys risked their freakin necks.

Cro-mags playing tomorrow in brooklyn.  haven't seen them since "Age of Quarrel" tour - '86.  Best ny/hc band of all time, no dispute.  Bad Brains were from D.C.

It just can't exist..."

Best NY/HC band for real.  AF can sit down.

I would love to be able to get down there for the Cro-Mags Reunion show. Unfortunately its hard with classes and on a part time budget. Are you going to the Biohazard reunion? I heard they have an all original line up.

B9

Quote from: SonOfLiberty on September 27, 2008, 11:51:47 AM
Oh my . . . Ed . . . where was that picture taken of the man shooting the M4 with the suppressor on it? PA? All it took was one trip to Vegas and shooting the MP5SD and now I'm hooked. I gotta get out of NY.

I think that picture was from a shoot in GA.
No, stay in NY and help turn this state around. If we start retreating and circling the wagons it's all over.
Medea Benjamin

B9

Quote from: ChrisSOL on September 27, 2008, 02:23:27 PM
Quote from: kDan on September 27, 2008, 01:50:24 AM

It just can't exist..."

Best NY/HC band for real.  AF can sit down.

I would love to be able to get down there for the Cro-Mags Reunion show. Unfortunately its hard with classes and on a part time budget. Are you going to the Biohazard reunion? I heard they have an all original line up.

Lets stay on mission here. Creating bonds and friends is an important part of Appleseed for sure, but PM each other to discuss the completely non Appleseed stuff.
Medea Benjamin

silent_Jhenz

Its acceptable to actualize a bonds and accompany is an important allotment of Appleseed for sure, but PM anniversary added to altercate the absolutely non Appleseed stuff.