News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Admin FTF AAR Oct 23-24, 2010

Started by RifleWoman, October 23, 2010, 06:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evenstar

Group shot...

And an interesting conversation that came up on the BIG screen!  :o **) **) **) **) **) ::)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

TruTenacity

Another productive day!

•  Cancelling and transferring attendees from one event to another

•  Refunds/Rules for Refunds

•  Managing check-in sheets
       Loading Excel Macro
       Printing check-in sheets

•  PayPal
       Transferring money and handling disputes.

•  Sending out Participant e-mails and invitations

•  Posting check-in-sheet add-ons and cancellations

•  Manage PMs on the forum
       Label
       Remove from inbox

•  Appleseed info e-mail

•  Instructor credentials

•  Instructor advancement

•  Gearing up for April 19th, 2011
   Review 2010, the good, the bad, the ugly

^:)^  We made it all the way through RifleWoman's "Appleseed Admin. Face to Face Agenda"!  (Where is the sigh of relief emoticon?)

We're finishing up the night with making more participant e-mail lists which will help WR make one of her tasks much more efficient and a bit less tedious.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Evenstar

z
     z
    z
      z
     z
     $$-0

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

SavageShootr

Thanks so much TruT for posting the dailies on the FTF!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Western Rose

Wow... Just WOW!!!

I am so ready for sleep now... ::)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

Quote from: SavageShootr on October 25, 2010, 12:16:25 AM
Thanks so much TruT for posting the dailies on the FTF!

You're very welcome, SS.

SOMEONE had to be the one to remind you all what we accomplished each day.  ^-^

TruT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Garand69

Quote from: RifleWoman on October 24, 2010, 04:54:27 PM

What are you trying to say?  >:(   **)

These ladies are doing great!!  I'm so pleased.  This was the best idea yet.  You just can't teach this stuff over the phone or internet.  We've made some changes, we're bring more people on.  I think we'll be ready to handle 2011 before it hits this time.

I hate when my compliments can be misinterpreted! :wall:  ;D ;D

Seriously, I could see things being updated seemingly minute to minute, some of which I had just asked about a day or so ago not realizing you were all meeting up this weekend.

FTF is the way too go. Conference calls and keyboards just don't cut it.

P.S. RW I hope you all were able to keep OG in line, she gets a little rowdy at times, especially once she's out of the Land O Cheese  **)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Western Rose

Quote from: Garand69 on October 25, 2010, 08:46:21 AM
FTF is the way too go. Conference calls and keyboards just don't cut it.

For once, G69, I have to agree with you... :( ;D ;)

Seriously, I cannot even begin to imagine the nightmare that would have been if we weren't allowed to have our FTF. I was actually dreading April 19th... and cringed at even the mention of it... But after the FTF, I feel that we are FAR more prepared for April 19th than we ever have been before.

I learned a TON at this FTF. It was kind of like an Appleseed in that we covered a weeks worth of work (or more) in two days and it was a fire hose of information. It was very, very good to be able to learn what everyone's jobs are and how to do them. It's a good feeling knowing that if you need a back up, you have five of them that you can call on.

My only "complaint" is that it ended so soon. There is still tons to learn but I think we have a better grip on things now.

Fred, thanks for allowing the FTF. April 19th would have been a nightmare without this. For that matter, 2011 would have been a nightmare without this...

RW, SS, OG, thanks for taking the time to come out and teach us all that you do.
M.E., Trisha, Mogget, maybe next time...

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

RifleWoman

Well, I made it home.  What a wild and productive weekend. 

I think Larry Redneck was about to kick us out last night.  We worked long and hard all weekend and then got hit with the giggles  **)  Sunday night.  I guess that's a good indications that we were totally exhausted.  Not that we had the giggles, just that we'd admit to the dumb things we've done.  ;D

We trained on nearly everything admin related.  I'm afraid that the young girls really showed up us poor old ladies.  But now there are several people who can back each of us up should something happen. 

I think that all the ladies feel better not only in their own current job but that they can cover for others and train others. 

It truly was a great weekend.

Thanks to the Redneck family for hosting us!  We really appreciate it.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

hawkhavn

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Thank you to everyone involved for putting a solid foundation under 2011!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Western Rose

Quote from: RifleWoman on October 25, 2010, 10:36:44 PM
We worked long and hard all weekend and then got hit with the giggles  **)  Sunday night.  I guess that's a good indications that we were totally exhausted.  Not that we had the giggles, just that we'd admit to the dumb things we've done.  ;D

You know, I think the recorder was still going at that point... :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X

50th Appleseed

Old Glory!

Good:  I  am so grateful we had the opportunity to meet FTF and train on these detail oriented tasks that are vital to running a professional and efficient program.  

The host/hostesses and their generosity. @)

The younger admin who REALLY KNOW THEIR STUFF, AND have a heart for the Appleseed Project.

RW's leadership and skills.

Bad:  Not having a couple more volunteers there to train in the growing admin duties.   It is hard to believe Riflewoman used to do all this work by herself.   :o  
With the program doubling every year WE NEED MORE HELP!   If anyone is interested in joining in the fun (shhhh, don't tell Fred admin has fun :-X ;)) PLEASE PM RIFLEWOMAN if you would like to join the A-team.

Not having my own computer with me.  (Everyone, thanks for letting me use yours, although a person can get into some trouble that way.  :o :-[ :D)

Ugly:  Spokane airport security  :wb:  !@#)   But, all is fine.  
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Evenstar

Wow... I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to prepare for April 19th, 2011 without this FTF. As it is, I think we're pretty well prepared to take on the new year. Thanks, Fred! :cool2:
Rifewoman, Old Glory!, and SavageShootr, thanks so much for flying out to teach us what we needed to know in order to be backups for you all. ;)

Quote from: Western Rose on October 25, 2010, 11:56:52 PM
Quote from: RifleWoman on October 25, 2010, 10:36:44 PM
We worked long and hard all weekend and then got hit with the giggles  **)  Sunday night.  I guess that's a good indications that we were totally exhausted.  Not that we had the giggles, just that we'd admit to the dumb things we've done.  ;D

You know, I think the recorder was still going at that point... :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X   :o :-X

Ut oh..... :o

::)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

TruTenacity

It was our pleasure to host the FTF and to house the attendees.  ... really.  We'd do it again anytime.

Being the newbie, I was awestruck at the amount of work these women and young ladies have performed so willingly and tirelessly.  We could not have received such detailed cross-training and accomplished so much work without the FTF.  To be trained on someone's job then have the opportunity to actually do their work with them being right there to answer any questions was so necessary.  It built the confidence needed if any of us were called upon to fill in or help out.

Once I recover from all the laughter training I received, The Redneck Manor will be open for future FTF gatherings.

TruT

TruTenacity

Just a few more pictures.

The use of the projector was incredibly helpful.