News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ILLINOIS & REGIONAL- INSTRUCTOR BOOT CAMP

Started by Pappy, December 28, 2009, 10:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

Garand,

It's not sucking up, I can be NICE...think fuzzy bunny!   When people do good things, they should know. The impact of the Red Hats should be heard!

Pebbles... boulders.... BRING IT ON! The bubble is ready!

No Zingers for you!
Viper

TreadCarefully

Quote from: Cookie on January 23, 2010, 12:44:05 AM
I think we are going to ISRA on the 17,18 weekend.  :'( :'(. But I can't wait to go back...I just had a thought, Is billy an orange hat? If he isn't... !@#) &)    Haha just kidding.

My nephew Billy will be back again this year so I expect he will be soon.

And in all seriousness, Cookie, you set a fine example.
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Cookie

Quote from: TreadCarefully on January 23, 2010, 06:15:23 PM
And in all seriousness, Cookie, you set a fine example.

Thank you TC. I hope someday to be a Red Hat so i can keep on settin'.  @). Until next time!
There are people who try to be cool but it is those who lead the way that actually are. -Words of Ethan Stites

When you react to something in a negative manner, be it anger or fear. You just failed the Ego Ball & Dummy. -Spoken by Fred at the IL AIBC 7/24/2011

This planet is a test. If it wasn't then there would be intelligent humans. -Fred

Pappy

Hello Group; LOST AND FOUND @&) @&) ++) #)........... OK there are a few chairs, a red white and blue one with a flaggy kind of bag, two green ones I think they are EEL`s, A dry erase board and markers, 4011 half empty cans or bottles of assorted fluids.. water I hope, Two matts look like sleeping pads, one Black light weight rifle. One 5gal water jug white-ish,
I will do my best to get this stuff back to who ever it belongs to. O0

The planning for next years Illinois and (NATIONAL IBC) is in the works so Stay tuned folks, Attendance is projected to be near 100. The location will be changing to meet the needs of that size group. Mrs P and I hope that each of you will attend again next year at the next higher roll. This is what makes this program strong. Pappy & Mrs P.

Yes I was kiddin about the rifle,  ^-^ ^-^ :cool2: ^:)^
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gopher Boy

Per Mrs. Pappy I left the Diet Coke for you.  (I think there were 2 12-packs)

G.B.

Garand69

Ok, Here are a few pics, hope you enoy....

I believe this is the begining of Folks showing up on friday night

The Ladies having way too much fun picking on Boba Fett via Text **) **) **)

Bill3 & Cookie helping with a breakfast for 50

Illinois IBC's are so thourough we even cover dental Hygiene...boy someone is in trouble for taking that pic **) **)

Yes we actually did some work..

Congrats to Tinman and his new Orange Hat

Great Eats, Great Company..

Shortshot catching some zzzz's or is it Kira catching a Shortshot??

Missing a few, but you get the idea..

Gopher Boy being a Gopher Boy **)

Fred to Garand69...Do you know this fella with the pink hat who keeps hitting on me?? :---

Meanstreaker and the new Volunteer/Supporter/Appleseed widow Hats

Saying Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Pappy!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

The Ladies having way too much fun picking on Boba Fett via Text

I don't know...... I thought Boba's text to G69 in Dec was pretty funny **) **).......same place, some of the same folks...... @) ..:..

And Fred to Garand69...Do you know this fella with the pink hat who keeps hitting on me??

That ain't no "Cali hug" that fella's giving Fred!!! Ya know, I bet that fella's from Ohio or sumthin'!! They get snowed in -waaaayyy- too often!! ^:)^ :D **) **)

Now these are some truly epic pictures!!  O0 :bow: O0

What a group!! @) ..:.. ;)

LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Boba Fett

Quote from: LayloPro on January 25, 2010, 06:03:35 PM
The Ladies having way too much fun picking on Boba Fett via Text

I don't know...... I thought Boba's text to G69 in Dec was pretty funny **) **).......same place, some of the same folks...... @) ..:..

That was a voice mail I left for Garand back in Dec. Text messages are a whole different story!
Remember:  WHAT HAPPENS AT AN IBC... STAYS AT THE IBC.  :-X

Just like Vegas.  ;)

BF

MamaBear

Remember:  WHAT HAPPENS AT AN IBC... STAYS AT THE IBC.  :-X

Just like Vegas.  ;)

BF
[/quote]

We are still laughing about those texts!  Crack me up  **)

You could say that IBC is somewhat like Vegas...You are very excited to go, you think you will "Wow" everyone with your skills, you get knocked off your "high horse", and there is some crying involved...  There are also many, many things that you choose to omit to those people (spouses) who were not there  :-X   >:D   
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

MamaBear

Great Pics, G69!!!  I especially liked that you captured me in my sock monkey pajamas...it's not many people that I let see me in such attire  ;)

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

LayloPro

Boba,

true, true...I had forgotten (Mad Cow) that it was a voice message you had sent to G69 in the effort to hurry him along back in Dec.....

Text's can be "almost" as bad..... ::)

And yeah, IBC's & RBC's can bring out some -interesting- details about the folks we instruct with......you wanna know how somebody -really- is?

Camp with them for a week...... :o %)  **)

Speaking of Vegas, we're doing a shoot out there (Boulder City) in a couple of weekends....didn't some of you folks earn a vacation on Fred?

Not much snow on the ground out there right now, and it's barely "nippy" at all....folks walking around in their t-shirts & all..... @) ^:)^

Now doesn't that sound better than freezing?  O0 ^-^

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Garand69

Quote from: MamaBear on January 30, 2010, 12:55:02 AM
Great Pics, G69!!!  I especially liked that you captured me in my sock monkey pajamas...it's not many people that I let see me in such attire  ;)

**) **) **) **)

It was way too much fun, I'm glad you all made it back safe in that wonderful fog. Hope to see you again rea soon O0

Vegas, their going to let you go to Vegas LLP?? This could be trouble, has Vegas been forewarned??/ >:D

I already have a full travel plate the first quarter of the year ala Appleseed, maybe next time O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

Vegas, their going to let you go to Vegas LLP?? This could be trouble, has Vegas been forewarned??/

Naw, *sadness*....not this shoot... :'(.....Desert Dog & Chris_H have it -very- competently covered, while I do Corona out here....closer to home..... :))
But, after the last 25+ yrs, Vegas -knows- my name...... :o

Thought you snow bunnies might want a break in all that "chilli" weather you got going on out there..... O0 :cool2:

Mrs.Pappy

Hi Everyone,
I would like to thank everyone for helping out with the IBC.  It was a great event.  I can't say enough about the friendships that Pappy and I have made through this organization. I have attached a picture of the blue hat that Fred talked about earlier.  Thank you Fred and Meanstreaker for this hat.  It is an honor to be the first one in Illinois to receive it.  Thank you everyone.  See you on the Appleseed Trail.  Mrs. Pappy

MeanStreaker

Quote from: Mrs.Pappy on January 31, 2010, 12:10:54 PM
Thank you Fred and Meanstreaker for this hat.  It is an honor to be the first one in Illinois to receive it. 

First one in the country!   O0

With your generosity and hospitality, I can't think of any that deserve it more.  Thanks again for all you did to make that weekend a success.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Garand69

First Blue hat in the country and 15minutes of us taking pictures for the best shot of the hat, and all we get is the Hat!!!! I could have sworn there was a pic with a smile in it!!!  &)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Jungle George

Mrs. Pappy's hat should have number 1 on it!!

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Mrs.Pappy

Hi Again,
Fred wanted a picture of the hat.  Here is one with Fred and me.  Pappy added a few more. 
Thanks again everyon.  Mrs. Pappy

Mrs.Pappy

Quote from: Gopher Boy on January 24, 2010, 11:39:57 PM
Per Mrs. Pappy I left the Diet Coke for you.  (I think there were 2 12-packs)

G.B.

G.B.
Thanks for leaving me the Diet Coke. 
Mrs. Pappy

Ashes

I love this picture. Needs more photoshopping.  ;)

First is full size. Second is half size for those who are 56k.

Garand69

I was just harrassing you Mrs. Pappy ;D

Nice pics O0

Thanks for the cropping, I'll have to find a use for those!

P.S. Hey Ashes, the "love" for those pics would'nt be because your front row center is it..... &) Seeking fame and fortune in Appleseed is counter-productive...especially the fortune part **) **)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Pappy

Hello All; It is nice to see a line of shooters who are not shooting all RIMFIRES for a change. At 200 the 22`s seem to have hang time. We did not have to wait for the  steel gong to tell us of hits!!! Well done fellows. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Ashes

Quote from: Garand69 on February 02, 2010, 12:06:07 PM
P.S. Hey Ashes, the "love" for those pics would'nt be because your front row center is it..... &) Seeking fame and fortune in Appleseed is counter-productive...especially the fortune part **) **)

Naw. Just means I found a new profile pic!  **)

LayloPro

Ashes,

I gotta admit, that is an -outstanding- picture of a great buncha folks, all firing "right sized" (mostly) rifles.....the only minor quibble I would have with it at all, is the simple fact that those hats aren't all red....but y'all are working to fix -that-, aren't ya? ;) :cool2: O0

Don't be like that "other Elvis", and have to be dragged kickin' & screamin' into "Red-Hat-hood"....... ~~:) &) @&)

I love a whole bunch of you folks out there, family included, but you guys have a -lot- of make up work to do to cover the costs of that export from last year.......& you know what I'm talkin' 'bout...... >:D %) :---

Be well, all, let's get  this dun!!

LLP

Garand69

Quote from: LayloPro on February 05, 2010, 03:06:10 AM
Ashes,

I gotta admit, that is an -outstanding- picture of a great buncha folks, all firing "right sized" (mostly) rifles.....the only minor quibble I would have with it at all, is the simple fact that those hats aren't all red....but y'all are working to fix -that-, aren't ya? ;) :cool2: O0

Don't be like that "other Elvis", and have to be dragged kickin' & screamin' into "Red-Hat-hood"....... ~~:) &) @&)

I love a whole bunch of you folks out there, family included, but you guys have a -lot- of make up work to do to cover the costs of that export from last year.......& you know what I'm talkin' 'bout...... >:D %) :---

Be well, all, let's get  this dun!!

LLP

Hey Kenny Rodgers, You keep calling me Elvis and we'll have to wrastle &) **)

As for exports.. we have banned all IL Exports for the next 5 years ;)

See you soon
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

I dunno,Garand.....

you really sure you wanna wrassle with a "Californian"? :o **) @) :))

I'll have to bring my brudda KoolAid with me next time, he has an "interesting way" of wrasslin' with guys......

(pssst, ask The Guy!)

And 10-4 on the exports, that last one's pretty expensive already..... :'( &)

Be well, buddy!
LLP