News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ILLINOIS & REGIONAL- INSTRUCTOR BOOT CAMP

Started by Pappy, December 28, 2009, 10:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldFish

I wish I could have been there, but I'm going to be part of an IBC that is going to break your all's record.  That's according to Dinky Dao, not me (even if I do agree with her. 8))

---GFG
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

The Guy

Made to be broken, and I hope so.

GoGoOhio!!

Say "hi" to the family for me.

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

Garand69

Quote from: GoldFishGunr on January 20, 2010, 06:22:33 PM
I wish I could have been there, but I'm going to be part of an IBC that is going to break your all's record.  That's according to Dinky Dao, not me (even if I do agree with her. 8))

---GFG

;D That's the whole point GFG!! It gets boring holding the record more than a month or so anyway!! I'll try to send some Illinoisians your way to help with the numbers  :sos:

Boba Fett! Quit Cherr Belly Achin' and get back to bailing!! ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Quote from: Garand69 on January 20, 2010, 07:04:09 PM
Quote from: GoldFishGunr on January 20, 2010, 06:22:33 PM

---GFG

;D That's the whole point GFG!! It gets boring holding the record more than a month or so anyway!! I'll try to send some Illinoisians your way to help with the numbers  :sos:

Boba Fett! Quit Cherr Belly Achin' and get back to bailing!! ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

I'm already on my way to Ohio.  ..:..

BF

Fred

Quote from: EEL on January 20, 2010, 04:09:51 PM
Aaaahemmmm,  Guy, you know that Fred is looking for that memo.  You know, the one about the no more "ucks" at the end of Illinois. 

Actually, Fred is looking more at this:
QuoteThe Guy: We have a big year looking us straight in the face.  10,000 Appleseeders!

Now, elsewhere, I hear the poor, benighted (and seemingly uninformed) IL SC jabbering about "1200" - so he's clearly out of the loop!

It's great to know IL will be grabbing up half of the 20,000 Appleseeders we hope to attract to the program this year!

Yes, by all means, let's "get the (ucks) out!" :)

What a great pleasure to be at this event! To meet a lot of new faces (faces I hope to be seeing again, on the AS Trail), and to see old faces I don't get enough chance to see.

Clearly Pappy and Mrs. J get a big round of applause for the excellent job of hosting. (And even planning for 100 next time!) Mrs. J has the first blue "RWVA Supporter/Volunteer" hat awarded in the nation, and hope we'll get a pic of her and the hat posted, as it's hard to say which looks better! O0 [So you can tell, that hat must look pretty darn good! O0 :)]

I suggested to G69 that he might want to plan another IBC for summer, as he should have another 35-40 IIT volunteers by then, to go with the 50 new (and old) Red Hats - yes, by summer, all you orange hats should be RHs O0 - so be on the look-out for the announcement.

This was a great gathering, an opportunity for me to not only meet a bunch of new IIT/ITs, but to get some needed face time with some of the movers-and-shakers to map out the coming months in the program. You'll be seeing some of the results of those talks in the near future.

Again, a great weekend - almost reminds me of any event in CA, there was so much good feeling in the air! ^:)^
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Pappy

Hello Group; Jarrett and I would like to again thank every one for there generosity. The event went well and we are looking forward to next years  :bow:RECORD SETTING  event O0.

We have quite a load of lawn chairs that were left here
               PLEASE check and make sure you have all (your) stuff. Example SHOOTING COAT.  

I will post a list soon of lost and found items.

Thanks again for being great guests and friends. See ya on the trail.  Jon & Jarrett Papineau

Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

MeanStreaker

Yeah, Pappy.  I realized halfway home I left a UN blue chair (figured nobody would steal it!)  ;D   and Boba called to tell me I left my shooting jacket on his cot.  He'll be giving it to me when we see each other next.  Hopefully that's all I left behind.

Oh wait, I may have left a squirrel rifle laying around your cave.... looks a lot like yours.... I'll give you the address of my FFL so you can ship it back to me.    O0

Thanks again for your hospitality.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Pappy

Oh wait, I may have left a squirrel rifle laying around your cave.... looks a lot like yours.... I'll give you the address of my FFL so you can ship it back to me.    O0

Sure I will get it out ASAP but I will need some FRN for postage and the SR# of your Gopher getter, they all look so much alike. :D O0 Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

GoldFish

I hope a lot of you guys WILL come to Ohio to help make this IBC a record.  It would be great to have my first IBC a record event.  Boba Fett and Garand 69 are certainly welcome to assist in that large undertaking.  Any chance that you'll come, Fred?  Please? :-[ :-[

---GFG 

SonsOfLiberty

This was a weekend VERY well spent.  I learned alot and appreciated the instructors listening to me stumble on words  ..:.. and offer constructive feedback while trying to hone my explanations.

It has been said many times in this thread, but i could say it a thousand more and it wouldn't be nearly enough...THANK YOU Pappy and Mrs. Pappy for the magnificent hospitality, your warm hearts are an inspiration.

It appears Illisconsin over-achieved again:
How many people were supposed attend the Ottawa IBC?  42 (we all know this is always the answer)
By having 50 attend we put in our 120% effort for a great start to the year.  ^:)^

Fred

Quote from: GoldFishGunr on January 20, 2010, 08:27:26 PM
= Any chance that you'll come, Fred?  Please? :-[ :-[

Would love to (thanks for the invite!), but can't say for sure until a few days ahead - heck, I didn't know I was really coming to IL until 48 hours prior... ::)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Karl

12 riflemen walk into a bar. I LOVE IT!!  I think we have a new prop for every IBC in the future.  ^-^

First off, Like so many others I would like to send thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Pappy for inviting all of us into their home. You made us all feel welcome and your hospitality is like no other. O0

As a new person to the program, with a lot to learn, I appreciate all of the various RH that offered their wisdom throughout the weekend. Your coaching & teaching are invaluable to me. Thank You :bow:

How does that quote go "All work and no play makes ______ a dull boy"  ???  We did some fancy book learnin', but we also had a lot of laughs along the way.

I'm looking at the Illinois AS calendar and trying to figure out my schedule. I'm pledging out in the open that I will attend a minimum of 12 AS this year. This does not include the IBC and the RBC later this year at Ossage Beach. I can see Garand now writing this down in his notebook.  @)

I also plan to do some border raiding this year as well >:D

Next stop Waterman............Who's with me :) ............Oh wait, next stop Dupage County Fairgrounds...Pappy... PM inbound.

BTW; what's the record for the most hits on a IBC thread? Just wonderin'
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Jungle George

Several rifleman ducked the bar, I walked into it once, it was bad !!  I don't intend to do that again, but Pappy needs to keep the bar it's good for laughs.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Karl

I rang the bar twice...Then I decided not to do it again....I guess it takes me longer to learn.  **)
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

TreadCarefully

Put me down for one shooting jacket and one green lawn chair. Not too concerned about the chair since it was leftover from Appleseed at Ottawa last year. See how the world is round?  ;)

Thanks again Pappy and Mrs.. It was great of you to have us.

And it was great to finally meet all of you RedHats about whom I have heard only rumors.

Orange Hats! You are an impressive bunch of people.

The program is better now that you are part of it.

I look forward to having any and all of you on my line some day. Well done!

See you on trail soon!
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Jungle George

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

The Guy

TC, I have your shooting jacket.  See you soon with it.

42!

oldbolts

Thanks to Mr. and Mrs Pappy for opening up their home to us. Thank you to all the instructors who took the time to pass on their knowledge. I hope to see you all more as time goes on. oldbolts.

Cookie

42!

TC you are still a meanie. IMC? Me? In front of a group? Ha!
Just kidding. TC i love you (not like that) ;). I couldn't be mad a the guy who gave me my patch, an orange hat, and my coin all in the same day...in the rain so... :bow:. HAHAHA. ^:)^

So this IBC thing...yeah...I...uhh... ~~:) Okay, okay. I had a lot of fun. First time at an IBC, success!
Met a lot of new people, watching a lot of old friends passing me up in the Instructor grid. Ouch.

Got to shoot my new(used) .308. Very intense. Thanks for looking it over Pappy. I shot 5 rounds of Guy's ammo at 200yds and i heard 3 "pings". I had never done that before. can you say AWESOME?!?! :---
When i looked a the steel plate afterwards i was feeling like this:  ..:..

Karl it was nice meeting you.

-ERS
There are people who try to be cool but it is those who lead the way that actually are. -Words of Ethan Stites

When you react to something in a negative manner, be it anger or fear. You just failed the Ego Ball & Dummy. -Spoken by Fred at the IL AIBC 7/24/2011

This planet is a test. If it wasn't then there would be intelligent humans. -Fred

MamaBear

I know there has to be more pics out there somewhere!!  Post 'em up!  Did anyone get a pic of me (trying) to hold Pappy's 14 during SHF for sitting with T.C.?  I'm laughing out loud just thinking about how ridiculous I must have looked trying to hold that baby up during demo!  **)

I'm totally jealous that y'all got to do some shooting after we left!!  And after driving home in the "death fog" it kind of made me wish we would have stayed for a little extra fun!  :---

Pics! Pics! Pics! 

MB
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

TreadCarefully

Don't worry Cookie, doing IMC in front of actual students is going to be a piece of cake now. Just keep practicing. Maybe you can come to Alton in April and give it another try >:D

And MamaBear, I don't know what you're talking about - how can a woman holding an M14 not look good?

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Garand69

;D Exactly!

I have a whole roll I need to pick up, I'll get them on ASAP. I thought there was at least one more camera other than mine and Templar's
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

I've pics to post as well. Need to get them off the camera and in the puter. Hopefully, I'll make time this weekend.

John Boch

I posted some pics on page 1 but (oops) neglected to UL them to the server first.

They are up now.  Check out the first page again.

"Sorry Pappy" was ref. him being on dial up.

John

Viper

12 rifleman walk into a bar... what bar? ... all you have to do is simply walk UNDER the bar.... and EEL, no one even cried!!!

This was a great weekend, being able to really absorb a lot of information, but done one topic at a time. The 'stations' for the 6 six steady hold factors was a terrific idea! It gave all of us a lot of practice, plus we were able to take a piece of learning from each different instructor at the different stations (one on one feedback... an awesome feat with 50 people). I also was able to tweak up my use of the sling for the standing steady hold factors, thanks to The Guy, which, PHEW, came in REALLY handy when having to hold the M14 for a LLOONNGG time (being the model dummy) while another IIT did the talk through.

From my previous Appleseeds and the IBC, I have some kudos to send out to the Red Hats:
EEL: Thanks for a bit of humor to relieve the tension while trying to learn from the firehose to be a rifleman
The Guy: It's OK to take a break and pause a moment to get back the zen to relax and focus towards NPOA
AhShoot: The 'translation' method to explain IMC, keeping it simple is a wonderful thing
ColyCat: Your scope is not to be your crutch, focus on doing the right thing, and you won't go wrong
Gopher Boy: Thank you for the ability to hear the Ride... wink-wink.... I'm finally getting somewhere
Long Shot: Great idea for the mini mag holder: retractable pen, Sharpie, & small flathead screwdriver (working on getting mine together)
Short Shot: We must all remember to follow your example to let go of our hurt feelings and forgive our neighbor =)
Pappy & Mrs Pappy: PERSEVERENCE!
Trisha: A TON of support!
Garand69: (Did you really think I would forget you) Rifleman's BUBBLE! Do I have to say any more??

To all of the other Instructors & IITs: You all are a wonderful bunch of people! Thank you everyone for the sharing of your ideas and wisdom.

Warm wishes to all,
VIPER

Cookie

Quote from: TreadCarefully on January 22, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
Don't worry Cookie, doing IMC in front of actual students is going to be a piece of cake now. Just keep practicing. Maybe you can come to Alton in April and give it another try >:D

I think we are going to ISRA on the 17,18 weekend.  :'( :'(. But I can't wait to go back...I just had a thought, Is billy an orange hat? If he isn't... !@#) &)    Haha just kidding.
There are people who try to be cool but it is those who lead the way that actually are. -Words of Ethan Stites

When you react to something in a negative manner, be it anger or fear. You just failed the Ego Ball & Dummy. -Spoken by Fred at the IL AIBC 7/24/2011

This planet is a test. If it wasn't then there would be intelligent humans. -Fred

Garand69

Quote from: templar223 on January 22, 2010, 10:55:04 PM
I posted some pics on page 1 but (oops) neglected to UL them to the server first.

They are up now.  Check out the first page again.

"Sorry Pappy" was ref. him being on dial up.

John

Thanks for the clarification

Viper...

Quit suckin up, you should see the "pebbles" I have on order to test the bubble next time :o ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz