News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ottawa IL, Nov. 7-8/09!!!!!!!

Started by Garand69, November 09, 2009, 08:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumballhead

:~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~
ok just kidding.

This was a good shoot, would have been nice if we could have had all of the IL instructor corps present to close out the season.

Just have to make up for it in January @ the IBC!

SonsOfLiberty

Who would have figured we'd get that kind of weather in November...especially at Ottawa!?!  I even came home with mild sun burn :)  The only things falling from the sky in Ottawa were orange confetti, asian beetles, and a couple well aimed watter bottles  >:D

Congratulations to DOM, Dana and George on Rifleman  :~ and to DOM and Ashes for taking the next step  O0

Great job to everyone who shared history with us!  Seeing the brown bess bayonet during the history really drives the point home.  I can't wait to win over more hearts and minds next year!!!

Trisha

I have been away from an actual AS for what...4 days and I am already missing it, and hate that it is going to be winter soon which means I can't be 'seedn like I have been up to this point.

I do want to say congrats to all who earned a Rifleman's patch, and thank you to all who took on the Orange Hat, I hope to work with you all next year.

I am glad to hear that there was a lot of one on one instruction, that always seems to make an AS just that much better, I wish I could have been there helping during that time, (it's my favorite part  ;) )

I hope to see you all on the trail next year! Stay warm....

Trisha

Deacon

I don't want to be just another "yahoo" "chucklehead" (or is it cheesehead??) from a "fly-over state", and I dont want to bore anyone with more "border raiding nonsense"......so I will just say it was a sincere pleasure to spend a beautiful weekend shooting and learning from the great instructor staff from Illinois.

Congrats to the new Riflemen and the new orange hats!

Garand69 did an amazing job at 7th step.  He was thoughtful and provoking.  His passion and delivery was second to none.  It meant even more listening about posterity with my 9 year old son sitting with me.

A special congrats to Dana,  I hope you keep up the persistance.  You sir, have earned that Rifleman's patch.

I hope to see most of you at the January 10th "Frozen Toe" in Hubertus, WI

Deacon

charlie06

We got back to pappy's and was relaxing g69 went to get something to drink or somethin like that and he got this picture,

Castle Mountain

Thank you for elucidating sentiments, ramblings and illuminations for the sake of the mental emolument of we hoi-polloi.. <:)

Sir Francis Bacon said...."writing makes a man exact."   Exactly what do you mean good sir? :o

Sheesh indeed.

Quote from: The Guy on November 11, 2009, 09:12:40 AM
Actually, this is on topic.

For the land of suck anyway.

And folks wonder why I hate this place.

Sheesh.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Johnnyappleseed

Great job in Ottawa O0 . I sure would have enjoyed being there.
I can see Garands expression in my mind as his cherished orange hat was turned into confetti ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Many thanx to the new IITS + of course every instructor + SB EEl .Congratulations to the new Riflemen+ my thanx to every one who attended .
The enthusiastic attitude in the midwest is contagious. I will sure ejoy seeing the day,ucks no longer is approriate in Illinois :)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Gumballhead

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on November 11, 2009, 11:09:44 PM
I can see Garands expression in my mind as his cherished orange hat was turned into confetti ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

$10 we still find pieces next year! **)

Garand69

What a bunch of slackers ;D &)

Folks, This shoot was an extreme exclamation point !  on the end of an incredible 2009 season in IL!!!

I deeply thank you all for making it happen. The Instructors on the line, the Instructors making the effort to improve their skills, the instructors bringing family or freinds...YOU MAKE THE PROGRAM WHAT IT IS!!

Between Border Raiding, Interlopin' and and all sorts of other incredible forms of Appleseedin' 2009 was incredible!!!

The folks met on the trail were incredible, and I know in my heart, I wil see you all again on the trail.

You all made my job easy. From the hard core local volunteers like Pappy and EEL, or the extremly dedicated ""National"" volunteers like The Guy and others, or the folks like Sheepdog who donated his land to make 1 shoot happen...It was truly an amazing year.

I have met true Americans at every level, and the old "how many well regulated folks can you put together in 12 hours" is drastically higher than it was a year ago.

I have delayed my post for a bit because I am truly choked up, -4 below temps in Jan 09 through all of the fine weather through the sumer an fall, yet I always had a Team show up and get it done! THANKYOU ALL

2010 will definatly be a challenge, but knowing that I have the Family teams that I do, to help make it happen, I am very confident that it will happen!

Thank you all, Congrats go out to the new Rifleman, the new IIT's, and of course to my Mean Ole' Wife (Charlie06) and my 3 oldest Yoots, Wetfoot, M1 and M2, ..........You are why I do what I doooo O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Patriot Gal

Quote from: Garand69 on November 12, 2009, 12:24:58 AM
What a bunch of slackers ;D &)

Folks, This shoot was an extreme exclamation point !  on the end of an incredible 2009 season in IL!!!

I deeply thank you all for making it happen. The Instructors on the line, the Instructors making the effort to improve their skills, the instructors bringing family or freinds...YOU MAKE THE PROGRAM WHAT IT IS!!

Thank YOU Garand for all you do!!!!!!  O0 O0 :D ;) :) O0
And end of year thanks to The Guy, Pappy, Sheep dog and EEL!!!!
You are all great assets to Appleseed. Your dedication and sacrifice is well appreciated by Castle Mountain and myself!

Keep up the good work!!!!  Illinois is the better for your involvement.  O0 O0
Patriot Gal

(CJ, I just love those emoticons!  ;))
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

charlie06

Charlie06, coulda been that nasty Canadian Ottawa water, eh???         

Ya know could of been! Thought that water had a funny taste, lol   

charlie06

and of course to my Mean Ole' Wife (Charlie06) and my 3 oldest Yoots, Wetfoot, M1 and M2, ..........You are why I do what I doooo

And that is why now that I have been to a few I understand you enuthaisum of this program, and do not mind all the weeekends that your gone

The Guy

Gee, wanna talk to my wife and get her to understand...... :'(

TreadCarefully

Quote from: The Guy on November 12, 2009, 04:29:28 PM

Ditto - maybe a 'girls night out' is in order....
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

charlie06

a girls night out whoo hoo! Of course being the big drinker that I am it would be a short night!

charlie06

Quote from: The Guy on November 12, 2009, 04:29:28 PM
All on the sly, hum.............................., I don't know if that would work or not, has she ever come with you?
I didn't get it and would get irratated alot with g69 being gone all the time until I went and saw what goes on and to met the wonderful people that I have met, oh and the influnces that you guys have on my boys.

Pappy

Hello Group; The well water has a smell of sulfur, and blackpowder, we have persisted or got  $$-0 used to it. I am with Gumballhead, are there any takers on if we will find any little bits of Orange history. That could turn into a yearly tradition depending on What the Corps wants  :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~. oops was that tooooo many??
Nice Coat rack photo G69, fall colors are my favorite O0

Also another Orange hat will be Made,   O0 O0 Dana!!!! Who will be Hatted at the IBC, He asked the Question of how to get to be a Orange hat. Persistance, Yup thats it

Stay Tuned folks there is another super secret Ottawa Team (it will include guests) operation in the works BEFORE the Jolly Old Fatman comes.  The code name will be (Operation Moose Jaw) details are being worked out, more to follow.... AS always Stay safe and keep them in the black. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gumballhead

Quote from: Pappy on November 13, 2009, 09:50:29 AM
Nice Coat rack photo G69, fall colors are my favorite O0

Also another Orange hat will be Made,   O0 O0 Dana!!!! Who will be Hatted at the IBC, He asked the Question of how to get to be a Orange hat. Persistance, Yup thats it

Pappy

Fall colors!   ;D  :D Thats what I was thinking - what a nice sight indeed!

Niec to hear you're coming aboard Dana!  Welcome! :~ :~

Watch out world, Team Illinois is stepping up!  8) O0 <:)

Patriot Gal

Quote from: Pappy on November 13, 2009, 09:50:29 AM

Stay Tuned folks there is another super secret Ottawa Team (it will include guests) operation in the works BEFORE the Jolly Old Fatman comes.  The code name will be (Operation Moose Jaw) details are being worked out, more to follow.... AS always Stay safe and keep them in the black. Pappy

A "Super Secret Ottawa Team"!!!!!!  I'm so excited!!!  :D  I think that would be great, ESPECIALLY with guests invited.   ;) O0

BTW, I really liked the pic of the jackets all in a row at Pappy's.  A fine working group of folks, we are!!  O0 O0

DANA!!!! Congrats to you!!!!!!  O0 O0  I'm glad you're steppin' up to an orange hat!  We continue to learn by teaching.  :~ :~

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

The Following Pic WAS NOT TAKEN AT Ottawa!!! It is a well crafted photoshop pic......

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

The back drop looks a lot like the Osage Boot camp, Where did all that steam/fog come from???? A historical or hysterical moment ::) ::) <:) <:) <:) <:) <:) <:) <:) <:) >:D >:D. I do so love the fall colors and shades of Orange falling from the sky and the smell of brimstone er fall in the air.  ;D **) **) **)Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Ashes

Your Photoshop skills are excellent! Can't tell that is a completely unrelated photo!  **)