News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ottawa Oct. 24-25

Started by dragonfly, October 23, 2009, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Dang!!!!  Cut me some slack here Garand!!!  "I'm still a Newbie"    **) **) 

(Fred, some of them were a bit unruly...) lol  ;)
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Gumballhead

Duh - now i feel smart... ++) ++)  there all along -

well here are the pics!

Garand69

Quote from: Patriot Gal on October 27, 2009, 01:30:26 PM
Dang!!!!  Cut me some slack here Garand!!!  "I'm still a Newbie"    **) **)  

(Fred, some of them were a bit unruly...) lol  ;)

Cut you slack??? For kissin up to Fred, the Helpful....no way ;D For keeping us in check? I thought that was awesome!!! When your calling a line, you are the line boss, right? You displayed leadership when you put JohnnyAppleseed, Colycat and myself on double-secret probation. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thanks Gumballhead.......you slacker  ;D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Trisha

QuoteTricia - You never let me get off easy, do you...change my name, make me work? yeah...that's you.  Thanks for that extra push.  Great job on the 3rd strike.  I hope to see you & Ahhshoot back in two weeks (don't forget my package).

First off, it's spelled, Trisha   &) I will only forgive you just this once...  ;D

The name Gumby rolls off the tongue just so much better!  >:D  :)

And I love to make people work, that is what we are there for, right??  :) You did a great job, and I know you will continue to improve, much like we all should.
Whenever, I am there I will always give you that extra push because I know you can do it. I will be there on saturday only down in Ottawa, unfortunately I can't make it sunday. Heck, I might even shoot, I haven't decided yet, but I will be down there with your mats...

Gumballhead

Quote from: Trisha on October 27, 2009, 09:17:58 PM
QuoteTricia - You never let me get off easy, do you...change my name, make me work? yeah...that's you.  Thanks for that extra push.  Great job on the 3rd strike.  I hope to see you & Ahhshoot back in two weeks (don't forget my package).

First off, it's spelled, Trisha   &) I will only forgive you just this once...  ;D

The name Gumby rolls off the tongue just so much better!  >:D  :)

And I love to make people work, that is what we are there for, right??  :) You did a great job, and I know you will continue to improve, much like we all should.
Whenever, I am there I will always give you that extra push because I know you can do it. I will be there on saturday only down in Ottawa, unfortunately I can't make it sunday. Heck, I might even shoot, I haven't decided yet, but I will be down there with your mats...

Ah ha!  See what i get.  But now I have a foil for "Gumby"!!

If you change your mind about coming down to OTtawa, let me know - I'd be happy to drive up there.

Trisha

QuoteIf you change your mind about coming down to OTtawa, let me know - I'd be happy to drive up there.
I shouldn't change my mind, especially since it will be my last 'seed of the year for me and I want to see Garand's hat soaring out of a cannon! There is only one thing that will stop me and I won't write it cuz I don't want to jinx anything!  :-X

QuoteThanks :-[ Gumby, er Gumballhead

Told you, the name Gumby just rolls off the tongue and I guess the finger tips,  ;)

Gopher Boy

Another fantastic shoot!

trisha,  Thank you so much for working with Matt.  He told me that he wants to go to another one.  I think we'll need to do some border raiding, so you can continue your work with him.   ;)  thanks for your advice and help with the first strike.

Johnny and Coly, thanks for your push with first strike.  It was nice to look over and see Johnny nodding, I was afraid he would jusr be shaking his head moaning "no, no, no".   :)

Ahhshoot.  Congrats on the green hat.  It will be great working with you in the future. O0

Karl and Cherie, Welcome to the group.  I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Gumballhead, Dragonfly, Garand69, Patriot Gal, and CM  it was great to see you all again and as always a pleasure working with you.  Looking forward to the next shoot already.

Respectfully,

G.B.

Deacon

Quote from: Fred on October 27, 2009, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: Deacon on October 27, 2009, 09:52:49 AM
...Now for you Mr. Garand........You lead by example.  You can see that in your three boys!

last-ditch secret Illinois defense force to combat rampaging cheeseheads? ;D ;D ;D

Mr. Fred.........(the helpful)

I am calling you out! &)

Rampaging cheeseheads?  Yes we are cheeseheads.  But RAMPAGING?

I mean...after reading and studying "Fred's Guide to becoming a Rifleman", listening and learning from seasoned instructors like Colycat, Eel, The Guy etc....do you really think that Wisconsin would Rampage?  Oh my.....

We have lulled "G69" and his band of Illinois Instructors into a false sense of security.  We have infiltrated their corp and allow them to promote us.  We do this so they think we will have sympathy for them....ahhh, we do not.
One day, we will take over the midwest....but there will be no "Rampage" that you speak of.  We will use our cunning skills of stealth, speed, determination and perseverence.  They won't even know it happened.  We will activate our Wisconsin brothers to the south.   Instructors that we have put in strategic locations.  Illinois Instructors, you know who you are. O0

Mr. Fred,  maybe you could join us in early January for our Winterseed (Icicleseed as Trisha calls it) at Hubertus, WI.  We could discuss this in furthur detail.....

Trisha

Quote from: Gopher Boy on October 27, 2009, 10:55:18 PM
trisha,  Thank you so much for working with Matt.  He told me that he wants to go to another one.  I think we'll need to do some border raiding, so you can continue your work with him.   ;)  thanks for your advice and help with the first strike.

GB, you are more than welcome! I really enjoyed working with him, and I would love to work with him again. Just in one day, I was able to see a lot of improvement in his shooting. You are more than welcome to come up to WI, anytime, just let me know what shoot you want to come to and I will do what I can to be there!

Once again, great job instructing and great job with the first strike.  :)

Quote from: Deacon on October 27, 2009, 09:52:49 AM
Mr. Fred,  maybe you could join us in early January for our Winterseed (Icicleseed as Trisa calls it) at Hubertus, WI.  We could discuss this in furthur detail.....

Fred, I would like to second that invite, you know we would love to see you up here!

Old Glory!

Quote from: Garand69 on October 27, 2009, 01:55:12 PM
You displayed leadership when you put JohnnyAppleseed, Colycat and myself on double-secret probation. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Curly, Moe and Larry on triple-secret probation?  Wow!  Looking forward to meeting you, Patriot Gal!  Thanks for stepping up.  

I'll 'third' that invite, Fred.  8)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Garand69

Deacon.....With all do respect Sir..

1 WI Border Raider, nooooo Trouble  8)
2 WI Border Raiders, somewhat behaved <:)
3 or more WI Border Raiders, pack mentality takes over and the rampage begins %) hence the chaseing down of a poor defensless State Coordinator to staple a red hat on him!

Fred the Helpful, I'm not worried too much about the Rampaging Cheeseheads.

We have had a plan all along. Why do you think I cook them vittles and brew them coffee at every IL AS they raid. he he he he he ^-^ Sheepdog hooked us up with some miniature tracking devices he liberated back in his leo days, and as we speak, Pappy is wiring up sensors along the WI border. It should be fully operational by 2010  **)
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Gopher Boy

Northern IL receiver tower has been installed  O0

Hmmm...  What are the SHF from the top of a tower... **)

G.B.

Garand69

See that Fred the Helpful...Illinois Teamwork at it's best!!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Rainman

I just want to send out a sincer thanks to all the volunteers who made the weekend at Ottawa such a memorable time for me and my son Dylan. He was so excited and looks forward to the next one. It would not have been such a great experience if it were not for the dedication of those who instructed and showed such passion for our heritage! If anyone could recommend a website or store to get the gear we need (shooting jackets ect.) I wouls appreciate it. I would like to surprise Dylan with some gear. He was so imppressed he even told his history teacher about Appleseed. Thanks again, I am spreading the word.

Gumballhead

Freds Rifleman Package - GI Shooting Jacket with Targets & Guide http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog/acc.asp  Best deal going ... includes the jacket & goodies.  Shooting Jackets by themselves are available here: http://www.shootingmall.com/.

The appleseed store - http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/ -  has great hats & slings.  

As for other gear...well, depends what you want/need.  Brownell's http://www.brownells.com/ has a great selection of parts, and you can find mats and other accessories there too.

I'm glad you guys had fun, and I hope to see you out there again!

Garand69

Thanks for chimeing in Rainman!

It is great to here dylan taking the 7th Step seriously! O0

It means we were doing our job as an Instructor team!

You can get a Rifleman's Package from Fred's M14 Stocks; that includes the USMC Shooting Jacket, Fred's guide and some Targets here...
http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog/acc.asp

Or you can get just the USMC Shooting Jacket from the Shooting Mall here.....
http://www.shootingmall.com/index.html

edited to add; Boy I need to learn to type faster! beat to the draw again  :o
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Patriot Gal

Rainman!  

Welcome to the Forum.  It was great to have you and Dylan there this past weekend.  I'm happy to hear Dylan was so excited about his experience.  He worked hard and showed great perseverence as he applied the information he was learning.  A great Rifleman in the making!!!   O0 O0

As far as the shooting gear...as a resource, we purchased our shooting jackets from www.shootingmall.com  They are the USMC models.  Much more reasonably priced than some others I've seen.  We purchased our USGI slings from The Appleseed Store at http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/  You can get the Rifleman patch from there also (along with a great coffee cup).  :D  You can get the "name tapes" from a variety of sources, I think we had ours made locally.

Glad to have you on the Appleseed Trail!!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Rifleman!

Dang!  You ask a question around here and you get three replies...bang, bang, bang!!!! lol **) **)

Have fun shopping!!!

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Gumballhead

Quote from: Garand69 on October 28, 2009, 12:19:27 PM
edited to add; Boy I need to learn to type faster! beat to the draw again  :o

is that Red hat making you S L O W??? **)

Rainman

Thanks to everyone for their replies, hope you all have a good day.

Patriot Gal

OMG!!!  Red hat- Garand!!!!  Hey, my bad!!!  Congrats on the Red Hat there Boss Man!!!

You are the wary, wary, wary, best State Coordinator in the whole U.S. of A.!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I just wanted you to know that!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Rainman

as a newbie I have a question, are we allowed to take pictures at any of the events? I would like to have some pictures as momentos.

Garand69

Quote from: Rainman on October 28, 2009, 12:42:41 PM
as a newbie I have a question, are we allowed to take pictures at any of the events? I would like to have some pictures as momentos.

We are allowed to take pictures at every single Appleseed event across the entire US of A........Except Ottawa.

It's just one more thing that will make selling out Ottawa difficult, so far all things that fall into that catagory are on their end, not ours.

I'll keep trying. ::)

Gumballhead... I see push-ups in your future ;D

Patriot Gal...If you can't kiss up to Fred, you can't kiss up to me either!  &)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Boy do I hate not being able to be in two places at the same time. BUT..... it doesn't get much better than 8+ days at an RBC. Sure wish I could have been there to see Garand get that Red Hat.
Which BTW G Man.... This never would have happened if you had just gotten in the truck with EEL. Pappy, and the Sheepdog and come on down the the RBC in Osage. So... you kind of asked for it and got what you deserved. And might I also say it is well deserved. I think you might be the only IIT2 Red Hat Appleseed has ever had.  **) **) **) I had actually heard you were to "be made" at the last IL shoot in Ottawa and was hoping to drive up just to see it happen. I was a little bummed to find out the WI crew jumped you like that with the whole helicopter sneak attack thing.  ;D Hopefully, I can still be there for the cannon fodder in Ottawa. PLEASE !!!!!! SOMEBODY GET SOME VIDEO OF THAT AND POST IT.

Glad you all had a great shoot. Very glad to hear Castle Mountain joined his wife as part if the Instructor Corp. Team IL. just keeps getting better all the time.  O0 One of these days we might actually take the Suck out of IllinoiSucks. Wish I could have been there, but an RBC is something everyone needs to experience at least once in their Appleseed lifetime and I wish you all could have been in Osage with us this past week and weekend. We had 54 shooters on the line at the post RBC Appleseed!! :~ and almost half as many Instructors.

Too many shoots and not enough time. :'(

Blessings to everyone! Especially you Garand. @)

BF

Rainman

Concerning allowing pictures at Ottawa, has anyone thought of asking the people who run the range if they could have an exemption to the rule if one of the Volunteers took the pictures and submitted them to the range for approval before they could be shared (Via email.) with others? It would be nice to have some pictures to share with friends while we are trying to promote the program.

Gumballhead

Patriot Gal

QuotePatriot Gal...If you can't kiss up to Fred, you can't kiss up to me either!  

Ahh-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!!  **) **) **)

QuoteCurly, Moe and Larry on triple-secret probation?  Wow!  Looking forward to meeting you, Patriot Gal!  Thanks for stepping up.  

Thanks, Old Glory.  You know, it was a tough job but somebody had to do it.  ;)  It was great working w/your family.  I look forward to meeting you on the trail also...Maybe that Icicleseed I've heard about.  Brrrrrrrrrrrr...

Stay warm!
Patriot Gal    :~

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

Quote from: Rainman on October 28, 2009, 01:26:47 PM
Concerning allowing pictures at Ottawa, has anyone thought of asking the people who run the range if they could have an exemption to the rule if one of the Volunteers took the pictures and submitted them to the range for approval before they could be shared (Via email.) with others? It would be nice to have some pictures to share with friends while we are trying to promote the program.

We actually had that exemption up until the last shoot Rainman. I tried to explain that unlike the idiots taking pics in the plinking pit of un-aimed bumpfire and unsafe gun handling, we were taking pics that put the shooting sports and Buffalo Range in Ottawa, IL in a positive light. They wouldn't budge, and beleive me I tried.

Appleseed is very much a Family Program, especially around here. And the ability to document the great things that happen at an Appleseed really becomes part of the appeal. Between the Range fees and this, It will be very difficult to fill the line in Ottawa in 2010 :'(
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

AFTERMATH

QuoteWe have lulled "G69" and his band of Illinois Instructors into a false sense of security.  We have infiltrated their corp and allow them to promote us.  We do this so they think we will have sympathy for them....ahhh, we do not.
One day, we will take over the midwest....but there will be no "Rampage" that you speak of.  We will use our cunning skills of stealth, speed, determination and perseverence.  They won't even know it happened.  We will activate our Wisconsin brothers to the south.   Instructors that we have put in strategic locations.  Illinois Instructors, you know who you are.

Kinda reminiscent of the Goths in Roman empire.... Hmmm...
Don't neglect the Huns...  Atilla is gaining power.  >:D

I've got the latest article for the Appleseed newsletter.

Garand gets caught Red Hatted!!!

In a classic two pronged assault; instructors from Wisconsin and California slip silently accross the boarder in a daring raid to pin a Red Hat on Garand and advance their own cause by promoting one of their own to Shoot Boss.

Late Friday evening, the Wisconsians mustered their forces and garrisoned their men.  Illinois had let its guard down the weekend of Oct. 24-25.
While the majority of thier forces were distracted in thier occupation of Osage Beach, MO; those behind the Cheddar Curtain decided they'd had enough of Illinoisian oppression.  They therefor, devised an ingenious scheme to avenge the annexation of Racine and Bristol, by preparing their very own daring raid deep into the 'Land of Suck.'

To be continued....
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Boba Fett

Aftermath,
I'm from IL and I even liked that one. O0 Thanks for the heads up about the Wisconsonian plan to take over the Midwest.

"Know your enemy and know yourself" - Sun Tzu

Glad you made it home OK.

BF