News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bothell, WA, August 20/21, 2022, AAR

Started by Prescott, August 28, 2022, 11:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Last weekend, the NW experienced the very first KD rimfire event in the Greater NW.  This was due to the diligence of GTEngineer, as he has been working on this event for a couple years and all the work finally paid off.   Thanks is also due to WCW Kenmore range for allowing  AS to hold the KD event as the first event at their range.   The event ran very smoothly, and it is likely that there will be more events at the WCW Kenmore range in the future.

Everyone had a great weekend at the event, as the event was a new experience for most and also a lot of fun.   The range was well equipped for a 200 yard KD event, as it had a fixed firing line and target backers at 50, 100 and 200 yards.   Portable target stands were used at 150 yards and for the 125 yard Morgan shingle.   The group shot at the Morgan shingle on both Saturday and Sunday.   No one hit the square on Saturday but on Sunday, four shooters earned the patch.   JayB, Ying, Ben and Dave all put hits on the square.

The weather was actually too nice as the wind was very calm and most breezes came from behind the shooters.   This weather allowed for the shooters to get good comeups.  Once they had the data, then it was time to start earning the Rimfire KD patch.  On Saturday, five shooters earned the patch.   Congratulations to Richard, James W, Charles, Ben and Barry.

The weather on Sunday was also calm and there were plenty of opportunity to shoot AQTs.  On Sunday, three more shooters earned their patch.   JayB, Daniel, Andy S and myself earn the patch.   In all of the excitement of passing out awards, I neglected to write down the name of those who earned the patch on Sunday.   I will add more names to the list if I get alerted of anyone that did not get recognition.  In addition, Barry shot a 48/50 hits which earned him the Distinguished Rifleman patch.   Great shooting Barry!   Hope you can repeat this performance at the centerfire KD in Coeur d'Alene next month.

This group did very well at the event.   They are ready for a full centerfire KD events.  I will work with the Eatonville, WA range and try to get an event on the schedule next year.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

GTEngineer

It was indeed a great weekend at an awesome range.  JayB had also achieved his RFKD patch during the event.  There was another person who achieved a distinguished patch but I unfortunately don't' recall his first name.  Hopefully he'll see this and raise his hand, he came all the way from Montana to shoot this course.

Thank you everyone who came out to shoot this great course of fire and learn more about your equipment and heard some new history that you may have not heard before; also thank you to all of the fellow instructors who stepped up to assist making this event as smooth as possible.

Lastly, thank you WCW (aka Kenmore Range) for hosting us!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

wstrngnnt

I had a blast at the event. It was a heck of a drive,  but worth it.  Much thanks to the range for having us out.

I feel great about getting my distinguished patch, that's one I've been wanting for a while.