News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT Sept 10, 2022

Started by lumberjack55, September 11, 2022, 01:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

A pair of late pre-reg sign ups saved they day for us all, since I was considering cancelling with only one initial pre-reg, and that shooter would have been mighty sad to be the only one...instead we had 3 shooters and a lovely fall day in Montana. Tremendous gains were made in marksmanshio, and a very engaged group took in the story of April 19th and the lessons from it with genuine interest and appreciation. All in all very glad we persevered and ran this 1 day event in spite of low numbers...all involved felt it very much worth while.

Also, of note, as the fatigue of drinking from a fire hose all day took its toll, we determined that trying to squeeze in a third aqt was not a good use of time/energy/ammo, instead we pulled out my flintlock muzzle loader and had a demo and everyone got to take a turn shooting it.  Found this led very naturally to some of the discussion points and historical bits that I normally try to include anyway.  And the shooters loved it.