News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Huntsville AL Jul 16, 2022 Pistol Clinic - Event ID: 8373

Started by Mixed Metaphor, July 18, 2022, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

First, I want extend our deepest gratitude to Bullet and Barrel! Bullet and Barrel is the only National Shooting Sports Foundation 5-Star indoor facility in Alabama. They also have a Ladies Clothing Boutique.  Please check the schedule for future events there.
We can't thank the Shooters enough! We had 8 fantastic people shooting. You all gave us a whole day of your lives.  That's the most precious thing we have, time. I hope that you all found the time well spent and I hope to see you all again soon!
I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to Leadslinger66, Tennessee Beast, Honda Hondo and Attack Drone for their assistance in every facet of the event. They all have my undying love and respect. 
Registration and early morning classes were held in Blackstone Hall. Honda Hondo did an outstanding job with the registration desk! We had instruction on safety, and a recount of the First Strike by Tennessee Beast. Then, into the range we went. Our first 13 rounds were on the Hits Count/ Red Coat target. On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Isosceles stance, low ready, centerline index and natural point of aim.
We practiced what was taught using the Small Dots target and dry fire for each block of instruction.   
At lunch Leadslinger66 regaled us with the 2nd Strike!
After the lunch, we worked on controlled pairs, double tap and one-hand shooting with both strong and weak hand. Finally, we moved to the PQTs. 
We had 1 qualify as Pistoleerâ„¢! Grant scored a Distinguished score of 242.  There was great improvement on the line for all Shooters. 
In the middle of the afternoon, HondaHondo told the 3rd Strike exceptionally well. 

I love my Appleseed family.

If you have pictures, please post them here.

May Liberty Increase!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Mixed Metaphor

A few more pictures. 
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama