News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, Mi Sep 20-21 AAR

Started by Caliper, September 20, 2014, 10:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

Another great Fenton Appleseed (halfway) in the books!  I really love how getting together a group of Americans (and one Canadian, but they're cool too!) on the range virtually guarantees you'll have a great time! 

More to come tomorrow, hope everyone took some great pics because...   :pics:

IRONSIDES

Just finished up cleaning guns, So I figured I'd post some pics before I head to bed. We had a great group of shooters. I saw a marked improvement out of everyone. We had 1 new Rifleman that took an orange hat, and 1 returning Rifleman that requalified. I hope to see you all again at another shoot (hopefully the bad weather will hold off next time).

mac66

Very good and receptive group of shooters this weekend in Fenton. Teachable attitudes were in abundance and groups just kept shrinking and shrinking. Even though we had a little weather on Sunday the shooters never wavered in their eagerness. That makes it lots of fun for the instructors. Even had 3 Mac rifles on the line which made it fun for me.

Thanks to everyone who came out.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

leviwings

We had a great time and learned a lot!  Thanks to all the instructors who made it a fun and enjoyable time!  It was an adventure even WITH the rain!   O0

Miki

Wow, Fenton and rain it's like peanut butter and jelly. So, HUGE thanks to the Fenton Lakes Sportsman's Club for range upgrades! See pics below and you'll know I mean it. I'm still trying to get mud off those boots.

I had a blast! Congrats to the new and repeat riflemen! Hope to see you all again soon.

Caliper

Looks like I only got a few pics taken (bad Shoot Boss  &) ), but what a great group of shooters!  As an Instructor, I love seeing people eager to learn and putting their new skills to use!  Even when nature tried to dampen spirits Sunday afternoon, everyone was smiling and asking for more AQT's!  Just remember, the sun always shines on Riflemen, even when it isn't  ;)  I hope to see everyone on the line again in the future, lots of future Riflemen out there! 

Of course, a big thanks to Pav for stepping up and taking on the Orange Hat!  Looking forward to working with you at a shoot soon! 

mac66

I wanted to point out that among other things Shooter Cory shot a bolt action 22 all day on Saturday and then a Saiga AK w/Tech Sights all day on Sunday. He had some great groups with both and really persisted with that AK.  I was impressed at how well he shot it.  Hopefully he will fine tune his skills and be back for more.  Great Job!
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

BRZCory

What you don't know is that the AK literally gave me a black eye. I clearly need to make some modifications to the stock, or replace it!

That being said, I had a GREAT time! I didn't earn my Rifleman this time, but I'll be back again next time with a bit more practice and persistence!

And a huge thanks to all the instructors! Couldn't do it without you guys!

Superheat

BRZ,
Wow,  so it really does "maim" on one end and "kill" on the other. 

Nice job toughing it out.

Caliper

Ow!  Perhaps some pipe insulation would ease that, we may have overlooked checking your cheekweld after switching rifles (bad Shoot Boss! &) )  Looking forward to seeing you back, hopefully unbruised next time!