News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield, IL AAR April 20-21, 2024

Started by ITB, April 22, 2024, 10:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Patriot's Day in Illinois!

We had 7 Riflemen and a new Orange Hat!

13 shooters joined us on a cold Saturday morning.  Mother Nature did not cooperate, and kept it windy and chilly all day.  Helped us to understand how the Red Coats felt 249 years ago!

Saturday morning saw lots of instruction and lots of dry-firing.  We started throwing more rounds downrange after lunch and squeezed in an AQT for the couple of 1-day shooters.  Congratulations to our four Riflemen who re-qualified - Terry, John Chris and Eric.

Sunday brought abundant sunshine and less wind.  Almost perfect weather for a spring Appleseed.  We re-capped some instruction, did some drills and started on AQTs.  Chris earned his Distinguished patch with a 241.  We also had two new Riflemen, Colin and Matt.  Huzzah!

The Memorial Volley was fired at 3 PM (Central Time) and that reminded all of us about why we were there, and the debts we owed. 

At the end of the day, Chris stepped up to take an Orange Hat!.  Welcome aboard, Chris!

Thanks to all of the shooters for spending the weekend with us.  We hope you all had fun, and if you did, come back with more friends and family!

Thanks to the instructor crew - you guys rocked.

Please post up with feedback and pics!

I'll start with a few....

Warriorpoet teaching cross-legged

Pookie telling First Strike

Standing

AGT teaching prone

ChuckA telling Third Strike

Warriorpoet receiving the Michigan cadre patch for passing PC3:

Our newest Distinguished Rifleman, Chris, takes an Orange Hat.  Huzzah!

Your instructor crew.  L to R - Matt (AGT), Bill (ITB), Chuck (ChuckA), Mike (Warriorpoet) and Will (Pookie)
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

ChuckA

What a great weekend, and Patriots Day Shoot. Thanks to all who came out; ITB and Pookie for border raiding and making this weekend a success, WarriorPoet and AGT for all the hard work, and of course 13 amazing shooters with great attitudes. Shout out to Chris (forum name pending) for taking an hat (and bucket) as we keep working in Illinois.

Photo Dump:

Rifleman & Distinguished

IIT Promotion

Patriots Day Memorial Volley

New Orange Hat!!!

NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer and Life member

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms. 1st Draft of the VA Constitution by T. Jefferson

_Howdy_

Hey guys, Chris here.

Thanks for putting the shoot on this weekend, I appreciate all the hard work that went into it. I'm looking forward to working with you guys in the near future!
Carry the fire.

Paladin223

Would like to thank the instructors for putting together a great weekend of marksmanship training and history of the birth of our great nation.  The Patriot's Day volley was a poignant reminder of the bravery and desire to determine one's own future shown on that fateful day in 1775.

Congrats to the new Riflemen.  And thanks again to the instructors for spending their weekend at the range passing on the Appleseed tradition.