News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washburn MO, July 17-18 AAR

Started by cmidkiff, July 19, 2010, 10:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

Hot.

We had 14 souls brave the heat on Saturday, and 12 of them returned on Sunday.  With the heat and humidity, I was expecting half or more to wash out... but these fine Riflemen-in-the-making showed Persistence. 

We only had 1 Rifleman score, a wonderful young woman who I had handed a Rifleman patch to a few months ago.  She returned with her family and confirmed her ranking.  I had several others knocking at the door, but none managed to break through, despite intense effort on their part.

Kent (an IIT) is the land owner at Washburn, and a fine host and hostess he and his wife make.  My heartfelt thanks goes out to both of them. 

Instructors... you're really missing something here... beautiful location, great folks... we're shooting here again in November, make it a point to come out and see what you're missing!

Greybeard

Greg in MO

Sounds like a great shoot!  I sympathize with the hot, having lived through it in Eureka all week. 

I'm guessing we will get to repeat that experience in a couple weeks in Humansville, but it will still be a great shoot!  Such is the nature of Appleseed.

Good job Chris, and congrats on your promotion to SB.

Greg

passinthru

:--- :~ !@#) :wall: ..:..
KENT,  I want to see some PICTURES,  to verify the condition of the range,  seein' as how we're plannin' on attending your shoot in Nov.   **) ^:)^ ::).................dad
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Kent

Pictures....... :o

I knew I forgot something...... Sorry dad.

I did not get any.  I was a bit too busy to do so. I think Skyler might have a few though. You know what my range looks like. Green, unlike most of SoCal.

We had a great weekend. Everyone I have heard back from said they leaned a bunch and enjoyed their time out too.

Sounds like we will be having a larger turnout for our Nov shoot. Thanks for all your hard work down here Chris, Scott, and Chester!

Kent

Johnnyappleseed

Looks like a good shoot Greybeard  O0

No I did not miss the Missouri heat  **)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge