News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN, April 17-18,2010

Started by dond, April 17, 2010, 11:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This is just a quick message to indicate what a great day we had today. The weather was perfect; about 70 degrees with plenty of sunshine. We started off with the usual schedule and some history. While eating lunch we had various patriots introduce themselves and tell us a little about themselves. A drawing was held for the AS goodies, and then more history. More instruction, as usual, with some excellent results from the shooters. The Liberty Volley was fired with improved results over the morning Red Coat. We managed to work in two QDAQTs.There were 25 shooters, and on the first AQT, three Riflemen emerged. And this was fairly late in the day when everyone was getting tired. When the second AQT was fired and scored, three more Riflemen were among us. And a number of others were very close, including a 209. I can't wait until tomorrow when everyone is fresh and rested to see how many more we get. Two, who have  been to previous ASs have indicated have indicated that they were considering an Orange Hat. I will put them to work tomorrow to give them a taste of it.

More will follow later, including some pictures eventually.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

MikeA57

Thanks for everything Don! You and your crew were great!! Us Mississippi boys had a real good time and the young 'uns and I want to come back and become ones "who know what they are about"!!!

Mike

TwoGlock

Two Beautifual Days.

Have Several Pictures.  Here are a few.

TwoGlock
After All Is Said and Done
  More Is Said than Done

CraigC

Had a wonderful time AND learned something. Thanks again guys!!!  O0

dond

Sorry to be so late in this second post. I've been out of town on AS business.

22 shooters showed up on Sunday. Some did not return from Saturday, but some new ones arrived on Sunday. Two more made the Rifleman Score Sunday morning. These and others who made RM scores earlier kept upping their scores. One made a 244!   :D  I was beginning to worry that no one else would. There were high scores: 207, 209, etc. But there were some determined shooters. Four shooters shot until 7:30 p.m., almost DARK. Two of them finally made 220 and 221 and earned their Purple Patches!  ..:..   :~  They are the happy but tired ladies you can see in one of the latter pictures. And thanks to TwoGlock for the fine pictures. He and Lineman, as well as a couple of club members, performed admirably in helping with the event.

Ten Riflemen in all. That's very satisfying.  ^:)^
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

FiremanBill

dond:

Ten Riflemen!  You really have a knack, Don!     @)

Evidence of your excellent training is being recorded in the Appleseed annals of history.     O0

Please pass my greetings on to your Puryear crew. Tell Lineman "AD" said hello.   :-[

I hope I can get down your way soon.

FB
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....

dond

You're too kind Bill.   :)

Lineman will be pleased to hear from you.

Perhaps you can make it again on the Labor Day weekend, if not sooner. We would be delighted to have you.