News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Mayhill New Mexico Aug 14-15

Started by duc-dog, August 16, 2010, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

With the sound of freedom echoing off the canyon walls seven shooters persevered thru the hot sun to learn new marksmanship skills.  Sitting in the shade during lunch beside the Rio Penasco brought to life the telling of the "Three Strikes".   With the sound of the river in the background you could close your eyes and step back in time to join our fore fathers at the North Bridge.  Although we made no new riflemen this weekend the message was not lost on this fine group of Americans. I'm sure we will meet again on the Appleseed Trail.  We also had a new instructor earn his red hat. Congratulations Ryan!!!   Ryan is already planning on doing his SBIT ASAP.
Thank you Jimi for making this shoot happen.  Jimi is the epitome of the 7th step working on promotions and working every shoot in the southeast corner of the state
My thanks to the instructor corps for making my job easy and to the shooters for staying focused on safety. 
   If you ever get to this part of the world; Thank our host the Runyons for providing the idyllic setting for a weekend shoot.  They also have a roadside stand selling the produce from their orchards.  I can personally recommend the cherry and the sweet potato butter, also the raw, in the comb honey   

Until the next Appleseed,
   Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

JustJeff

I had an awesome time, though I need a lot of work :-[
Thank you very much to all of the Instructors who made this happen, and a big YEAH to Ryan on getting his Red Hat. 
We'll definitely be @ the La Luz shoot the 18th and 19th of September.

Jeff
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Precisely Advantageous

These shooters definitely showed lots of improvement over the weekend showing that persistence that we Americans all have deep down inside us  :---. Thanks for coming out and sticking with us through the elements. You all have learned the fundamentals and now you have something to practice and to show your friends and family. It was nice meeting you all and hopefully we will cross paths again.

And thanks for the congrats! It feels good!

Ryan
"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, how is it that you expect to find it any where else?"

oladcock

Wonderful shoot, wonderful setting..My hats off to you all...O.L.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Strawberry Roan

Good to see more patriots stepping up!  Sure hated to miss this shoot, but will hopefully be present and accounted for at the Sept. Shoot. O0

Jimi

Just had way to much fun,  ;), the camping and comeradery was great, as well as a bit of fishing. Looking forward to Alamo, Rosburg, Carlsbad, Rosburg again and Midland TX. Looks like some new friends and old faces will be at Alamo in Sept. Looking forward to it and trying to advance my IIT rating each time.
Setting up radio spots now and will let everyone know when they are firmed up.
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

TaosGlock

What a beautiful NM range!
And a great group of Americans!
Congrats Ryan on the Red Hat!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose