News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ARR Canton, Georgia - One Day 25M Clinic 18 March 2023

Started by 6Bones, March 21, 2023, 10:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Bones

The day began with cold and windy range setup which was significantly easier thanks to so many instructors who braved the cold and signed up to support the 21 students who signed up for the event.

After a warm welcome and opening remarks, Roswell delivered an excellent telling of the First Strike of the Match which was followed by safety rules and a call to bring rifles to the line. After a redcoat, the work ahead of us was clear and we spent the first part of the morning fitting rifles to students. The line was filled with a high percentage of first-timers along with one or two frequent flyers.  The extra time spent on the line setting up rifles and reviewing the tripod of marksmanship paid off.  Before lunch, we were seeing many sub-six MOA groups.  We broke for lunch and enjoyed the telling of the Second Strike of the Match by UpACreek followed by an excellent IMC by Anthony B.

After lunch, and a couple more squares to check zeroes, seated/kneeling and standing were introduced along with magazine changes and time.  With the blocks of instruction complete, we enjoyed an excellent telling of the Third Strike of the Match by AnthonyB followed by an AQT that yielded many scores in the mid to high 100's.  We also welcomed a new Rifleman with a score of 210 complete with North Bridge water baptism!  We wrapped up the day with a closing redcoat and a brief awards ceremony where in addition to a rifleman patch, we awarded six William Diamond patches to our youth shooters!  In honor of Women's History Month, we had almost a dozen shooters who enjoyed the Ladyseed Discount for March clinics, which included our new rifle"woman" KellyMtnView!

Everyone shot well and we saw some fantastic improvement throughout the day. Keep practicing the fundamentals. I'm certain each of you will earn your Rifleman patch soon!

Thanks to all the shooters who came out. You were all a pleasure to work with and we hope to see you on the line again soon! You are the reason we do what we do.

As always, thanks to the awesome instructor cadre who turned out to run this shoot.

I hope you had a great day. If you would like to thank Sheriff Reynolds and the Cherokee County Sheriff's office for the use of this range, please feel free to drop a note to the range master, Corporal Josh Watkins - jlwatkins@cherokeega.com

It was a safe, cold, windy and glorious day for history, heritage and marksmanship!

Roswell

What an amazing event! Congratulations to KellyMtnView and thanks for stepping up!

Good job by everyone. You all have what it takes to be Rifleman. Remember, perfect practice makes perfect. I hope to see you all again on the line soon.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

upacreek

Roswell gives a great First Strike as John Parker

Rigby goes over the safety rules.

Axeman tells us all about the Hits Count Target

Shooters getting help with the prone position

I thought it was supposed to warm down here???  It was a little chilly.  The wind gave us all windburn.

Leadslinger and Rigby demonstrate getting into the loop sling

Prone demo

Shooters get some help with the prone position

AnthonyB gave a fantastic Inches Minutes Clicks lesson

The kids were each given a William Diamond Patch (Yeah, I think they're awesome, but my finger is blocking someone who didn't want to be in photos. - Only the highest tech here)

More practice in the prone position

Kelly got baptized for a respectable 210 score at her first official AQT (she scored higher at a home range!)  Congrats!!!

Kelly earned her Rifleman Patch

Isaac requalified for his Rifleman Patch (thanks for bringing your friends)  Congrats!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.