News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missoula, MT AAR April 20-21

Started by Slainte, April 22, 2024, 11:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slainte

I want to thank the Western Montana Fish and Game Association for once again letting us borrow a bay for the entire weekend.  Also, to the many shooters, and instructors, who showed up from near and far!  Thank you EERT and WAGON for helping out Marshall and I, we couldn't have done it without you. Especially because that 'other guy' bailed on us! Thank you WAGON for pulling the lions share of the work and earning your RED HAT!!!!

It was a record sized crowd for our local shoot.  We are growing! 

April in Montana seems to be pretty consistent, we started out 28 degrees with a half value cold breeze that didn't let up until after lunch and as usual the afternoon was sunny and baked us, seems to happen every year.  The wind switched direction to a full value 10-15 on Sunday which made for a convenient KD discussion.

We made two new Riflemen, Scott and Dylan! Dylan, from new New Zealand, showed up having only a couple of rounds to his total experience and he scored with a borrowed AR! Hazzah! Congratulations to Colleen, our new Dangerously Mature Riflewoman!  Great job Mike for requalifying, I'm hoping to see an orange hat on your head soon.  Everyone had a great attitude and shot well.

All three of our youths, Oliver, Chase, and Nathaniel did great. Special mention to Chase who did exceptionally well and I expect to see him back soon without his bipod.  I want to thank Kjell for always supplying us with great kids and helping out where you can, and for your watchful eye.
I would also like to thank Marshall, my mechanic, who is always there when equipment fails.

I hope to see you all at another shoot soon!

Dolan
'Slainte'