News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

January, 2011 NRA Cert Instructor Course - upstate NY

Started by nyrasgt, November 03, 2010, 11:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
   More information on the planned NRA Cert Instructor class somewhere in or near Glens Falls, NY, probably Jan 7(a Fri - night), Sat/Sun 8th and 9th.  The NRA Training Counselor is Jim Tucker, and the cost will be $90.  In fairness, the class is of less use now that Ruger has recognized Appleseed Instructors as eligible to participate in the Instructor Purchase Program @ 1/3 off MSRP; my plan is to get Smith and Wesson and Henry to follow suit.
  Anyway, class will be 2 days (and some range time, probably @ Hudson Falls Fish and Game Club, and, of course, a range fee) and Friday night.  I need to get some kind of idea of how many individuals would be interested in taking the class...there is also the potential for a Pistol Instructor's class as well, also likely in the winter.
Thanks, rsvp, and excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

nyrasgt

NRA Training Counselors can teach pretty much any Cert Instr course; we are looking at, probably, one of each -- Rifle and Pistol...separately.
At Jim Tucker's (the NRA TC) request, I'm trying to get a handle on how many folks, Appleseed or otherwise, NYS or otherwise (Vt, NH, Mass, etc.),
would be interested in EITHER the Rifle or Pistol class.  Likely dates:  Friday evening, 7 Jan, and Sat/Sun Jan 8 and 9 in Glens Falls area, with likely range time @ Hudson Falls F&G (probable $10 range fee) one of those days.  I'm told cost will be $90...
  Anyone interested - pm/email me.
Thanks, and excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846