News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla March 20-21 AAR

Started by alonso1, March 23, 2010, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alonso1

Wow! where do I start?  It's Tuesday and I'm still beat.

You see this Appleseed came at the end of a week long Boot Camp, but that's another story ;)

For this shoot we were heavily staffed.  I had Ashrn03, LabRat, doubleLL, Starfox, Reliable and three brand spanking new IIT's from the BC, RainmanJS, GrayGhost, and Floyd.

We started Saturday morning with around 16 shooters.  The weather was windy and cold with heavy rain.  Due to the weather, we spent most of the morning under a large canopy (Kool Aid had left us this canopy while he was here during the BC. Thanks Kool Aid O0) doing history and classroom.

The shooters were top notch.  Like I said, the weather was really bad.   After a short break, we left the cover of the canopy and nearly all the shooters met us on the line.

It took some juggling around with the POI to get us back on track, but by the end of the day we were right where we wanted to be. Thanks to Ashrn03 running the line like a man on a mission, it turned out to be a productive day ~~:)

When Sunday came around it was still windy and cold but there was no rain.

The shooters scores picked up and all the IIT's did a fantastic coaching and engaging the shooters.

Sometime around noon it finally happened...our first Rifleman of the day emerged, our old friend Chuck made the score, it was in the 220's I believe ^:)^

Then a close personal friend of mine, William Wilkinson scored a 211.  The second Rifleman of the day.  This kind of worries me, see you good people don't know William like I do.  If he ever, ever scores higher than me, I'll never hear the end of it.  But with his 211, I think I'm good for another ten years or so **)    all kidding aside, good job William.

Reliable's grandson, Andrew was in attendance, he keeps getting closer and closer to that score.  Speaking of Reliable, he gave a good presentation of Hezekiah Wyman and RainmanJS did a good job with Isaac Davis.

It had been a long week but again, the day ended too soon.

A big thanks goes out to all the Instructors and an especially a big thanks to the shooters who made the CHOICE to stay.

Until next time, keep those actions clear and I'll see you on the beach.

Mark

starfox

Here are pictures from the weekend. 
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

sleepy Joe

here is some photos from the Boot Camp  SNAITF and I helped out on the begining Sunday
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

some more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more photos, I can only add a few at a time, my computer times out if I add too many
By the numbers