News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

dumbass Governor considers CONFISCATION

Started by gunville, December 21, 2012, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunville

-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

slim

Two Wolves

Quote from: gunville on December 21, 2012, 05:50:30 PM
A Season of Joy in a state of bad tidings.

My suggestion is move to a gun friendly state. You have choices.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Two Wolves on December 21, 2012, 08:04:37 PM

Kentucky is very gun friendly.  We will need lots of help in 2013.  Come on down and we will put you to work.

UL 
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

SPQR

In Indiana we do a couple things differently.  We deep fry tenderloins, which is delicious.  We also put sugar in iced tea, which is really good too.  We take basketball a little more seriously than other folks, and every adult has to be able to shoot 80% from the free throw line, but we also let you walk around with guns and people generally don't freak out.  Its nice.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

CiviSoldier

Quote from: Two Wolves on December 21, 2012, 08:04:37 PM

If you do consider moving, make sure you make some noise going out... Something to the effect of, "I'm taking myself and a 'few' friends to another state thanks to your suggestion of confiscation... Oh, and I'll be taking my income tax and sales tax revenues with me thank you!"
:))
V
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
When there is little hope
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far
Remember Who We Are" - Krista Branch

Hinermad

Quote from: CiviSoldier on December 21, 2012, 10:46:41 PM
If you do consider moving, make sure you make some noise going out... Something to the effect of, "I'm taking myself and a 'few' friends to another state thanks to your suggestion of confiscation... Oh, and I'll be taking my income tax and sales tax revenues with me thank you!"

If only. Billionaire Tom Golisano did just that a few years ago. He moved his residence and his substantial income and net worth to Florida to protest New York's tax structure, but it didn't have much of an effect. New York City is the tail that wags this dog. I think the City would be perfectly happy if we inconvenient upstaters all moved away.

But there's something to be said for trying to fix what's broken at home rather than moving away. I'm from Ohio originally and there are times when I'd love to go back, but my grandkids are here and I want to give them the best New York than I can.

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

gunville

Well, you're all suggestion flight on the fight or flight decision.

I think he (Cuomo) needs to be schooled in the constitution.

I'm sure he's throwing that out there knowing it won't fly - but he's doing it as a starting postion for making the laws worst.

What happened in Ct. was tragic, but could have been avoided if teachers had the option of CCW in school (and if our education system didn't rely on Psychotic drugs to control children instead of doing their job - but I guess they are forced into it via "mainstreaming" and "no child left behind" BS)

The current panic buying is at least good for the economy.

I imagine next PVC piping and post-hole diggers will be scarce in NY.

(*sigh*) if only Texas DID succeed...
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Transform

Quote from: gunville on December 22, 2012, 02:16:19 AM
Well, you're all suggestion flight on the fight or flight decision.

Not everyone:
Quote from: Hinermad on December 22, 2012, 01:16:01 AM
But there's something to be said for trying to fix what's broken at home rather than moving away.

I agree with Hinermad, working to fix what is broken at home is also known as "bailing" around here!

However, just in case you do consider moving, make sure you do it carefully. Someone like Golisano has lots of expensive legal and financial advisors that the rest of us can't afford. New York has taken advantage of this fact by passing complex laws that continue to treat many of those who move away as residents for income tax purposes. I've known several people who have gotten snared by this nasty (and probably illegal) tax trap.

hawkeye

Name calling won't help your position at all.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Johnnyappleseed

Part of the link provided an forum for bashing the NRA,calling them insane and many other disgusting terms!

In reality they are not attacking the NRA or Wayne LaPeiare ! They are attackingt EVERY gun owner and EVERY person who supports RKBA and our republican form of govt . I personally will promote NRA membership more now than I ever have .

Regarding Gov Coumo , he knows the constitution better than 90% of those involved with 2A issues!
Problem is he like other elitists hate the constitution and the idea of NON Royalty having unalienable creator endowed rights .

If the NY legislature passes a law requiring confiscation of what they call Assault rifles and if you have one of those . I see no option but moving to a state where gun owners are unified enough to win elections.

Since the NY Governor has made his intentions apparent.The gun community has time time to contact reps and make their opinions known . This is especially important if you voted for or contributed to a legislative victory of a particular party or candidate .

Contrary to some popular beliefs ,even the most rabid anti gunner does not want prosperous law abiding folks to leave the  state especially if it effects revenue.

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Two Wolves

I don't know how many of you read this exchange of 2nd admendment gibberish from Peirs Morgan but I found it to be 1--extremely funny and 2--a good response that you or I could use when confronted about assault rifles. Enjoy, Two Wolves

open the attachment

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

ITB

Exactly.  As we all know, the 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.  The esteemed Governor needs some Constitution lessons.

Quote"I don't think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, 'I need an assault weapon to go hunting,'" he said, echoing the sentiment of many other pro-gun control advocates before him, while noting: "I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters."

Unfortunately, as someone who spend the first 22 years of my life in NY (Long Island - arguably ground zero for gun control, and Rep McCarthy), it's going to be a long, tough row to hoe to get folks in the downstate counties to change their minds.  Upstate is quite gun-friendly.  NYC and surrounding counties, not so much.

The problem  isn't the politicians - it's the majority who elected them.  Gotta keep bailing.....

PS - I'll be in Westchester for a few days, visiting family.  We have some time during the day on Christmas eve and Christmas day, and were planning to spend it in Manhattan.  Would love to meet any NY Appleseeders if you're around.  Send me a PM.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Hinermad

Quote from: intheburbs on December 22, 2012, 08:33:35 PM
Exactly.  As we all know, the 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.  The esteemed Governor needs some Constitution lessons.

New York's state constitution has no recognition of the right to keep and bear arms. It's true that a state law contrary to the U.S. Constitution can be overturned on that basis, but it takes a federal court to do that. The governor knows that, but if ignoring it suits his purposes he can get away with it. He pays no penalty for it.

What I suspect is that Governor Cuomo is positioning himself for a run at the White House in 2016, and that this is a show to impress voters with his tough stance on crime and concern for the welfare of our children.

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

Josey Wales

..Seriously though this is no joke..  The people do not even know they live in a Constitutional Republic.  This place is rule of the mob, brain washed by fascist elitist career polititians.  Liberty is a dirty word in this new world, and insaine is the status quo.  I keep hoping at some point I will awake from this hellish nightmare to the smell of Grandma's Roast Beef, then watch Mighty Joe Young on a black and white TV on channel 9 coming in via radio waves.  I live in New York City and boy is it lonely here in the capital of lost souls.  Where are my perscription drugs?  I am having a moment.  I wish I lived in Wyoming really really bad.  Sorry Texas I just cant beat the heat yall have.  Anyways, I think how this goes is it gets worse before it gets better, right?  It does get better right?.. 
..When will we have our million man march to support our ideals? I have heard so much crap in the last past week that my ears feel like falling off my face and into the toilet.  but seriously folks this is no joke.  Through my minds eye I travel through to Christmas past and I see only things gone bye the waste side like the Samurai Worrior, The American Plains Indian on horseback, The Spartan, and The Founders, they are all together crying out to us that if we loose this it will be a big mistake.  Failure is not an option.  but the prize is really far away.. Like Slim says, "ICEBERG, Dead Ahead!"

.............Strength & Honor...............Josey Wales.......................

..watch this video..    www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlpODYhnPEo

Two Wolves

Josey, thanks for the video. Yours in liberty, Two Wolves

Josey Wales

Quote from: Two Wolves on December 23, 2012, 08:56:39 PM
Josey, thanks for the video. Yours in liberty, Two Wolves

..Anytime Two Wolves, you are a good patriot my friend..  Have a Merry Christmas & a Healthy New Year!!..  Bless!!

.............Strength & Honor.......................Josey Wales........................................

scuzzy

Quote from: Josey Wales on December 22, 2012, 11:14:21 PM
..Seriously though this is no joke..  Liberty is a dirty word in this new world, and insane is the status quo.  I keep hoping at some point I will awake from this hellish nightmare to the smell of Grandma's Roast Beef, then watch Mighty Joe Young on a black and white TV on channel 9 coming in via radio waves.

Who is John Galt?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Two Wolves

This is a letter written by an Army reservist to a University of Washington student. Interestingly, it identifies who you are. Hope you enjoy, Yours in liberty, Two Wolves.  :cool2:

open the attachment to read:  :pop:

brogantdb

"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend"~J.R.R. Tolkien

Castle Mountain

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Johnnyappleseed

Looks like Feinstein and company are cooking the books on 94 aw ban.
Guess they forgot Colombine which happened I the middle of Clinton's aw ban .

Personally I would suggest the law target elected officials as the above link shows Feinstein and Shumer packing heat .   

Thanks to all who provided links .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Castle Mountain

Tree of Liberty
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Chainsaw

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Constitution states in it's "Declaration of Rights..."

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

I haven't seen anything less vague than that, but it is regularly ignored.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

KodyJaret

Quote from: Chainsaw on December 31, 2012, 12:41:57 PM
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Constitution states in it's "Declaration of Rights..."

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

I haven't seen anything less vague than that, but it is regularly ignored.

Does that mean the citizens may defend the state (optional ?),,, as opposed to 'having the right' to  depose the state ?

LittleMo

Castle Mountain,

Nice pictures/posters except they have the wrong URL. The one listed is for a parental involvement web site. (projectappleseed.org should be appleseedinfo.org)

Thanks,

Gary

Quote from: Castle Mountain on December 31, 2012, 12:19:43 PM
Tree of Liberty
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont