News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Niagara October 16/17th 2010 Appleseed shoot

Started by bedford, October 17, 2010, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedford

Some pictures:

Frosty tent in the morning..

Warming up

The secret weapon on the "TV" target!

Way to go JoAnn!

Priming the Pan

Daniel Morgan's new Rifleman!

Crash and Burn

SavageShootr

Great pics!! Thanks! Love that smile on that young lady.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

crash

Congrats to all the new rifleman and riflewoman!!!!  :D :D :D :D    O0 O0 O0 O0 O0    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^   :--- :--- :--- :---  ..:..

JO ANN DID IT !!!!!! and I know martin and all of us are proud of your persistence and perseverance!!!! you are an inspiration   ;D ;D  

Thanks everyone for coming out and making this weekend great.  I also need to say a huge thank you bedford and his family, what a great bunch.  Your hospitality was wonderful!!!
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Johnnyappleseed

Wow ,beautiful up there ;D
Congratulations new Rifleman
What SS said too  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

martin

What an incredible weekend!First and foremost, thanks to Bedford and his family for the hospitality and use of the range. Congratulations to the 4 rifleman and especially to Rusty Red(Jo) for shooting a 223on her 1st AQT on Sunday! As the elk were bugling in the distance, she got into the bubble and made it happen.Thanks also to all 4 instructors that were there, events like this would not be a success without people like you.
  You can see in the pictures, a student(Wyatt) gave a demo on how hard it was to shoot 3 shots in a minute from a French Charlleville musket (69 cal) accurately. He also gave a demo on shooting a Kentucky Longrifle , both were from the revolutionary time period. Thank You , Wyatt!
 You also can see Wyatt 's 9 yo daughter, Rachel who shot groups like you see in the black square all day long.
 Watch the schedule for a winterseed at Niagara.  
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Let's add more pictures! A great weekend with great weather.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Here's a few more.
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

bedford

Mr.Natural

Awesome display of musketry.  The clash of flint against steel, the flash of prime in the pan, the escape of gas from the vent hole, the report of the main charge, the round ball bullet flies true to it's mark, as the riflemen/woman feels the recoil, as the target slowly reappears through the smoke so thick and hot.  Lock and load, Let Freedom Ring. Mr. Natural

AFTERMATH

HUZZA!!!  HUZZA!!!  HUZZAH!!!!  WAY TO GO JO!!!As well as to the other three(3) Riflemen! O0
Congratulations!!!

QuoteCrash and Burn
**)

Great job ALL!

Aftermath[/size]

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Congratulations all riflemen and women. Knew you'd do it Jo...you just kept hammering at the durn thing and it happens. WOW  ^:)^ ^:)^ Did she take the Orange Hat??

Looks real purty up there...ELK bugling???? what's that about? In Wisconsin???

Glad it was a good event.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

martin

O0
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

QuoteDon't forget the Rifle-woman,,,RustyRed!
Note, the above marquee.... ::)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

dragonfly

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 18, 2010, 06:28:09 PM
HUZZA!!!  HUZZA!!!  HUZZAH!!!!  WAY TO GO JO!!!As well as to the other three(3) Riflemen! O0
Congratulations!!!

QuoteCrash and Burn
**)

Great job ALL!

Aftermath[/size]

Congrats to the 4 new Rifleman  O0 . Jo what can I say  ..:.. :bow: O0 . Martin put an orange hat on your head, right ?  O0

The rest of you dryfire, dryfire, dryfire. You know what to do . Great job everyone  O0 .

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

crash

The delay on a musket would definitely take some getting used to.  But boy was that fun >:D
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Old Glory!

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   223!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   When you did it, you REALLY DID IT!  Wish I could have been there to see that brand new RIFLEMAN SMILE.   Congratulations!

Quote from: Mr.Natural on October 18, 2010, 04:16:24 PM
Awesome display of musketry.  The clash of flint against steel, the flash of prime in the pan, the escape of gas from the vent hole, the report of the main charge, the round ball bullet flies true to it's mark, as the riflemen/woman feels the recoil, as the target slowly reappears through the smoke so thick and hot.  Lock and load, Let Freedom Ring. Mr. Natural

Spoken like a true musket-eer!    **)

WoW!  I cannot wait to meet Rachel.  Nice job putting bullets in the black square!   Shoot like a girl, IF YOU CAN!    O0

Thank you Bedford.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

bedford

Quote from: sparks1 on October 18, 2010, 06:32:33 PM
Congratulations all riflemen and women. Knew you'd do it Jo...you just kept hammering at the durn thing and it happens. WOW  ^:)^ ^:)^ Did she take the Orange Hat??

Looks real purty up there...ELK bugling???? what's that about? In Wisconsin???

Glad it was a good event.

The Elk bugling is from the Elk farm a mile or so away.  :)

BTW, Ted is our newest ORANGE HAT!

He is very excited about passing on the tradition. We are planning practice sessions to get ready for the January 15/16th

vmt193

Congrats on the new hat, Ted!!! O0

There might be one or two more stepping up also. I think Scott and Dave are still thinking it over and Jo jumped in to fill an RSO spot Sunday afternoon.

Also a big "THANK YOU" goes out to Rachel for wringing out my 10/22 and showing me that Remington ammo isn't just for B&D anymore.  ^:)^  Rachel wasn't even going to shoot on Saturday in order to let "Dad" get his trigger time in first, but with a loaner forced into her hands and a little "1 on 1" time with Capt. Karl, he soon had her terrorizing the black squares.  :bow: I'm thinking what she needs to do is find a good gunsmith that could set her up with a rifle with a bit shorter stock for next time. Dad?  **)

Bedford, thanks again for the use of a great range and being a super host!!!! We had a very nice time.  O0

vmt

LadyVetch

Congratulations JO - We knew you could do it!!!!!   :bow: :bow: :bow:

Congratulations to the other riflemen too...    ^:)^

Wow!  Great shooting from that young lady!  I agree - Shoot like a girl...  if you can!   :--- :---

I wish I could have been there.    Elk???  I thought you only had wolves and moose and bear up yonder!  ;)

See you on the trail..

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Reckless Rick

Martin,Crash,Mike,capt,Bedford

Thanks for  a great first(only a couple of hours) experience as a IIt....Mike awesome history,Bedford towards the end of November I hope to lock in for winter seed thanks for the range and your family's hospitality give me a shout when you get the tent and the stove all of the way up.
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest