News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Columbiana, AL Oct 9-10, 2010

Started by 4merUSMC1803, October 11, 2010, 01:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

What a great Appleseed weekend; perfect weather, wonderful venue with great facilities, and record attendance by OUTSTANDING Patriots!  It doesn't get any better.  I have several photos to share, so I'll start with the ones below and will try to continue to update as I can find a few minutes here and there.  In the meantime, shooters and instructors, please jump in and share your thoughts and ideas.
D
D Lawley

Piker

Liked it so much, joined the RWVA with a 5 year membership.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

headshot heather

I was so excited to be able to participate in the largest AS event in Alabama so far.  We couldn't have reached those numbers without each and every one of the appleseeders.  I was especially happy to see the amount of youth participants one of which had three scoring targets.  I was told by Brenna(another youth) and her mother that she had found out about Project Appleseed and really wanted to participate, and thankfully her mom said yes.  We even had a four year old on the line at one point.  Even though his dad had to hold his rifle for him, he was getting a good start in firearms and the well being of this nation. Thanks parents for getting the children involved  O0.

Here are some pics i took this weekend....I would like to add that if you are a "Hat" and you fall asleep at an AS, you might just wake up to wet pants ;).
the ultimate in feminine protection, .22 for light days, .45 for heavy days
"A republic if YOU can keep it"- Benjamin Franklin
"My idea of gun control is hitting what I aim at"- tlawley

CaptMac

Just wanted to write and say thanks.  

I had a number of hours to spend in Alabama on Saturday, was not thinking of what I could do with that time and was thinking it might be wasted.  Somehow an hour or so before I had to leave for my flight to Atlanta, I had what turned out to be a GREAT idea.  Check the Appleseed schedule and see if there is going to be one nearby.  Well, well, well what did I find, an Appleseed was scheduled in Columbiana, AL, which I soon found out was about 2 hours from where I would be in Auburn, AL.  

I sent off a pm to Bama, asked him to contact me if I was welcome to show up, help out and wear my orange hat.  Soon after, Bama called my cell as I was heading to the airport.  After a short flight and a bit of a drive, I woke up around in Auburn and headed off, with my wife's encouragement.  She was attending a conference.  

When I arrived at the shoot in Columbiana, I was made to feel mroe than welcome.  I was soon presented with a patch for Alabama Appleseeders and a key chain that's a .30 caliber rule checker, with my forum name on it.  Wow!

I was only at this Appleseed for a number of hours, leaving before the end of Saturday.  It was at a great facility, with an excellent instructing team and had a lot of friendly shooters that were improving over the time I was there.  When I left, I had a huge smile on my face, because as I met the Appleseeders, Instructors, IITs, SB, and even the shooters, the best thing about Appleseeds was once again confirmed:  It simply has the best people that are involved.  

Thanks to all involved.  

And, just to comply with certain comments, I did stop at a Waffle House on my way back to the airport on Sunday morning, and my breakfast included a serving of grits. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

alonso1

Keep up the good work Alabama O0  Looks like y'all had a good shoot.

4merUSMC1803

CaptMac
You're welcome in the Yellowhammer state anytime; you don't even have to eat grits (unless you like 'em).  Really, we enjoyed your company and appreciate your help on the line Saturday.  And you're absolutely right; Applesee simply has the best people involved!  Thanks for volunteering.
Darrell

Quote from: CaptMac on October 11, 2010, 09:55:48 PM
Just wanted to write and say thanks.  

I had a number of hours to spend in Alabama on Saturday, was not thinking of what I could do with that time and was thinking it might be wasted.  Somehow an hour or so before I had to leave for my flight to Atlanta, I had what turned out to be a GREAT idea.  Check the Appleseed schedule and see if there is going to be one nearby.  Well, well, well what did I find, an Appleseed was scheduled in Columbiana, AL, which I soon found out was about 2 hours from where I would be in Auburn, AL.  

I sent off a pm to Bama, asked him to contact me if I was welcome to show up, help out and wear my orange hat.  Soon after, Bama called my cell as I was heading to the airport.  After a short flight and a bit of a drive, I woke up around in Auburn and headed off, with my wife's encouragement.  She was attending a conference.  

When I arrived at the shoot in Columbiana, I was made to feel mroe than welcome.  I was soon presented with a patch for Alabama Appleseeders and a key chain that's a .30 caliber rule checker, with my forum name on it.  Wow!

I was only at this Appleseed for a number of hours, leaving before the end of Saturday.  It was at a great facility, with an excellent instructing team and had a lot of friendly shooters that were improving over the time I was there.  When I left, I had a huge smile on my face, because as I met the Appleseeders, Instructors, IITs, SB, and even the shooters, the best thing about Appleseeds was once again confirmed:  It simply has the best people that are involved.  

Thanks to all involved.  

And, just to comply with certain comments, I did stop at a Waffle House on my way back to the airport on Sunday morning, and my breakfast included a serving of grits. 
D Lawley

supermom

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone who made my daughter Brenna and me feel so welcome!  The instruction was patient and enthusiastic; the education was priceless.  I have a bunch of reading to do (thanks for the book list).  We're both looking forward to more Appleseeds.  Brenna really wants that Rifleman patch!

Y'all are incredible!
Tammy

Thomas404

Michael and I appreciated the safety, instruction and good fellowship of the Columbiana Appleseed.
"Thank you" to everyone that had a hand in putting it together.
--Thomas

An anonymous orange hat sent me this snapshot of "Sleeping Beauty" that's a little more of a closeup.

Bama

What an incredible weekend! I don't have the sign in sheets to give you an accurate total but I think we had 44 on Saturday. This was the first time we had to split the shooters amongst two ranges. Good problem to have, as far as I'm concerned.

There was a huge amount of youth, especially on Saturday. From what I saw, the youth listened to instruction and behaved in many cases better than the adults!

We had three Riflemen. The highest scoring shooter of the weekend was a 14-year old. He scored three times: 212, 216, 222! Congrats Jackson!!!
Two other committed gentlemen scored Rifleman on Sunday. DH hit 210 & 220 with an AR15! This was DH's second Appleseed and he took an orangehat at the end of the day! (HUZZAHH!!). RH also scored Rifleman at the end of Sunday with a 212 (I think that's right) using iron sights after switching rifles at a particularly persistant red hat's suggestion  ::) Sir, you would have done it earlier with a rifle set up with the sling properly, etc. RH is excited about coming to the next Appleseed and scoring 210+ again, so he can sport what is turning out to be a very fashionable hat!

Sheriff Chris Curry and his lovely wife shared our lunch time historical & philosophical narratives. It was an honor to have them with us and it is a blessing to have the facility open to us. Folks, the Sheriff doesn't have to let us use this top-notch facility, but does. The Shelby Co Sheriff's department has not only opened the door for Appleseed, but it's Deputies have made personal sacrafices to help us carry the torch of Liberty to fellow American citizens. A loud "HUZZAHH!" for them!  @&)

Please take a moment to write the Sheriff, and let him know what his kind generosity and support has meant to you. I assure you it means more coming from the participants, the parents and the children, than it does from my mug.  %)

CaptMac -it was a pleasure to meet you. You know that all Appleseeders are a "band of brothers" whereever they are.

4merUSMC1803 - who authorized the waiving of the grits requirement? How'd that get past me?

It was great to see many familiar faces. Faces that are dedicated to getting the job done, who are willing to spend the time & effort to do so. Real Americans!  O0

I have more I would like to say but it will have to wait......

Note to all instructors, the papparrazi has been spotted at Appleseeds in Alabama. Be forewarned!

Bama the innocent
@)
To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

4merUSMC1803

More photos.
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

More photos.
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

More photos.
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Final photos: The Riflemen!  Congrats guys! And to our newest IIT, Dave H, Welcome aboard; grab a bucket!
D Lawley

Pop Revere

I had a great time in Columbiana this past weekend. The weather was great and so were all of the shooters. I want to say a big "Thank You" to all of the instructors. The Appleseed Project could not survive without you men and women volunteering your time like you do. With your help and lots of practice on my part I will eventually score rifleman and earn my patch and possibly an orange hat. I didn't qualify this past weekend but I'm no longer a cook either. Before I go I want to say "Thank You" to Sheriff Curry for his support.  :---
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022

bagel

What a pleasure to work with so many dedicated, gracious instructors.

Saturday - 41 total (plus observers)
Sunday - 26 total
Unique shooters - 45
New Riflemen - 3
New IITs - 1

It was good weather, good people, and lots of children learning the American heritage.

Thanks to all the shooters who made it a wonderful time.  Thanks especially to bama, tlawley, 4merUSMC1803, and friedenmeister for history, logistics, and materials.  Thank you 4merUSMC1803 for the pics!  Thanks brandon1, goose, headshot heather, hammerhead, and CaptMac for the awesome instruction! Thanks to Sheriff Curry for the use of the facilities and for visiting us during some heritage lessons!

I never regret going to an Appleseed event.  Y'all are family and you make it worth the time, every time.

Congratulations to Robert, Jackson, and David.  Welcome to the IIT crew, David.

Mike~

Just had the best time I have had in a while.  Me and my son attended the Columbiana (Oct. 9th, 2010).  We had a blast.  We were wanting to go for both days, but won't be able to go for the second day.  I didn't get to shoot for my Rifleman (had to leave a little early).  I even have my nine year old telling me that he is going to get his Rifleman Patch before I do.  Great time, Great Message.  I appreciate the Sheriff and Deputies involved.  That is so awesome.  Bagel, good meeting you and all the Instructors and Instructors in Training.  Top rate program.  So, .......................................  When's the next one??? 

Mike~

"To argue with a person who has renounced the
use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
                          - Thomas Paine

uscop.blogspot.com

The Machine

"Sweet home Alabama" indeed!  :)  Fantastic job to the AL crew for all the hard work you've been doing down there; things are looking great. And a big thanks to everyone who turned out for this one. You all are the reason our volunteers "work" unpaid weekends...and more!  ;D  O0

I've been hammering my family down in the Mobile/Monroe County area to get out and attend one of these soon. I'll be passing along this excellent AAR to them for review, so they can see what they're missing out on.  :cool2:
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"