News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stockton, Illinois: 11-12 June 2022

Started by IXOYE, June 12, 2022, 10:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a fantastic shoot on the Tom Noller farm in Stockton, Illinois. Thirteen patriots showed up to learn rifle marksmanship and the history of April 19th, 1775. We had a little rain on Saturday but that didn't dampen anyone's spirits. I was very impressed with how much everyone improved throughout the weekend. David re-qualified as rifleman with scores of 219 and 223. He also took an orange hat with plans to get some shoots going in the Chicago area. Huzzah!!! Isa scored rifleman with a score of 210 on her very last AQT. Congratulations!!!
Several others were shooting scores in the 180's and 190's, some with iron sights and others with bolt action rifles. It was a joy working with everyone and to see the progress everyone made.

On Sunday we got to shoot an M1A and engage some steel targets at 200 yards. We ended Sunday with 80% making three hits at 100 and 200 yards, 60% at 300 and 400 yards, 40% hitting Morgans shingle, and 20% clearing the entire redcoat.

Many thanks to Tom Noller for sharing his range with us and for getting it all spruced up. Many thanks also to Steve and Brian for helping instruct throughout the weekend. And finally, kudos to all the shooters who maintained fantastic attitudes the entire weekend, made excellent progress in their marksmanship skills, and helped me tear down and load all my gear into my van. I couldn't have spent my weekend with a better group of people.

I'll post pictures once I get them downloaded.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures from our event.

Our group on Saturday

Shooting squares Saturday morning

Checking Targets

Standing Saturday Afternoon

One of our bolt gun shooters

Seated on Saturday

AQT on Saturday

Shooting stage 4 on Sunday

Stage 1 on Sunday

Most faithful Appleseeder

Our newest Orange Hat

Bearing down on stage 1

Awarding Isa her patch

Our newest rifleman (210)

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Mrs. Smith

What a great looking group!  Well done, ya'll!

I just don't even know what to think of all that green  ;D 
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Paladin223

Once again, I want to thank Tom Noller for his great support of the Appleseed program by offering his very nice range or our use.  And much appreciation to the shoot boss for ordering up very nice weather considering how things could have been.  Congratulations to our two young shooters who persisted through the weekend and made great progress.

Thanks to Rex, Steve and Brian for their yeoman job of instructing this great group of Patriots.  The points of instruction were right on and helped everyone learn proper techniques of marksmanship.  The history stories emphasized the great efforts and sacrifices our forefathers displayed in the fight to start this new country.

Congratulations to Isa for her Riflewoman score.  Thanks to David for taking on the challenge of being a new instructor.  It still amazes me at how organized Rex is with the equipment setup.  Or perhaps more amazing is how he fits it all in the Honda.  Great event and happy shooting to all.

Captain

Congrats on a fantastic event! I love looking at these pictures.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Paladin223

Will try some pics here.

Paladin223

Last try.  If it works, thank Mrs Smith's directions and if it doesn't will have to agree you can't teach oooooold dogs new tricks,