News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin, GA Novemebr 4-5

Started by General Stuart, November 06, 2017, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Stuart

A great group of all return Appleseeders showed up on Saturday for our shoot at the Red Hill range in Martin, GA. Not only did these shooters display a wonderful teachable attitude, but their attention to what the Instructors were teaching was inspiring. We were able to elaborate a little more on the SHF, Six Steps, and NPOA since this was not the first time this group had heard all this. The Instructor to student ratio allowed for some quality one on one time.

We had a unique opportunity to do something I had never done before. Some of the return students were there for only one day and were eager to get a crack at an AQT or 2. So, we split the line into 2 groups and left side of the line shot AQT and right side shot squares. Where this could have caused confusion, the students adapted and rolled on like nothing was different. It turned out to be a great use of everyone's time, and it went smooth as silk. I must praise my Instructors in their ability to improvise, adapt and overcome. Their skill and resolve made this a fantastic shoot.

The weather was positively superb. Low 70s, overcast, and a slight breeze. I could not have asked for it any better. It did rain Saturday night/Sunday morning, but not enough to dampen the high spirits of the shooters.

Sundays review was rolled through, and AQTs were shot. We were rewarded with one requal. Way to go David. Then we backed up to 100 yards and proved that what works at 25 yards, works at 100. After holes had been punched in paper, each shooter was given 10 rounds to try the had at shooting steel at 100 yards. A great time was had by all as the steel rang with admirable consistency.

It was obvious that the shooters left the weekend with a new found appreciation for our founding fathers. I am very grateful for the attention they showed during the history portions of the weekend. It is very possible that one student may have been bitten by the bug and we will one day soon see him in an orange Hat.

Thank you shooters and Instructors for making this weekend a breeze for me.   
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

jemac

What a fantastic weekend for an Appleseed!  We had a great group of motivated shooters.  Many thanks to the Red Hat Instructors for all your patience and support. Also many thanks to Chris for hosting the event at Red Hill Range in Martin.  This is a wonderful facility in Northeast Georgia and I look forward to participating in many more Appleseed events there in the future!

jemac

jemac

Some pictures from Martin Appleseed

jemac

A few more pictures from Martin Appleseed

LungPuncher

Spent the weekend with my son (11) and some wonderful folks at the Martin Ga Appleseed. As this was our second Appleseed, we had lofty expectations which were quickly surpassed by this group of instructors; General Stuart, Doctor John, Guitarzan, and JeMac. The most important factor on any range must be safety. That strict standard was evident from beginning to end. Not once during the entire weekend did I observe a lapse in that standard. Their attention to detail created a safety conscious environment which allowed the learning process to take place, and it did. I learned a new appreciation of NPOA and my son is still talking about "fundamentals" of marksmanship, (which is certainly more pleasing than conversations about the latest video games). Perhaps the most enjoyable part for us was the telling of the 3 strikes that occurred on April 19th, 1775. Not only were the accounts of each strike captivating to us, it left us with a deeper conviction to continue in patriotism. For a dad to see his son start to realize what really happened is priceless. Can't say THANKS enough to the folks that made this weekend happen. See you all again soon.