News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Vienna, OH August 6th & 7th 2016 AAR

Started by Invictus Maneo, August 13, 2016, 10:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

Please excuse the delay, life was extremely complicated this past week and my planets did not align properly. Not an excuse just the reason. :bow:
First off a great big Thanks to MsMtn Eagle and the Vienna Fish and Game Club. They do it right every time.Very nice covered range, great accommodations and plenty of help from the club membership.Very promising to see a full line.
The humidity broke and we had two beautiful sunny days with a nice breeze that made for an outstanding weekend of fellowship, heritage and marksmanship. Blessed with great crew of Instructors. Texas T did an exemplary job of calling the line as well as being promoted to IIT3. JJ is simply an amazing young man as he was promoted to AC/RSO after working diligently with registration as well as an RSO. Wheeler, Birdman, and Bcurfman and of course our Hostess with Mostest, MsMtnEagle are a pleasure to work with. As well as being wonderful Instructors, they all helped keep me honest and on a even keel.
The shooters also were a great group of Americans even Pete who was born and raised in Britain though he is a dyed in the wool American now. He offered many insights into the British side of things which really helped with the Heritage.
Much progress by all in attendance. Redcoats -
Saturday A.M. Nobody @ 400 yds, Sunday P.M. 3 @ 400,
Sat. A.M. Morgans Shingle 1, Sunday P.M. 8,
with John and Ron both clearing them.

Jim and Dave both earned their Rifleman patches with very respectable scores and both did it twice. Dave was very proud as I know he has been to numerous Appleseeds and he was very focused and intent on earning it. Great shooting guys!

Overall a great weekend with numerous families including husbands,wives,children, uncles and brothers with one shooter coming all the way from Illinois to be with his brother. Always does my heart good to see that the family is still so important to people. Looking forward to next year. Vienna and MsMtnEagle put on a great shoot (Wish they did more...). If you have been considering coming to an Appleseed, Vienna Fish and Game Club is one not to miss.

Peace,
Lee
Invictus Maneo
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Corvette

Sounds like great time wish could have been there.

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

Clearing the first Redcoat of the weekend
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

First and second Riflemen
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Riflemen a second time...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Clearing the second Redcoat of the wekend

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Explaining the significance of the William Diamond patch to the youth in attendance

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Receiving the William Diamond patch

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

Hello to all.
This was my third Appleseed that I have attended. As always a great time. Thank you big time to the members of Vienna Fish and Game Club for hosting. What a great facility.

I really cannot get enough of the stories and history lessons at each event. Yeah sure I have now heard each strike of the match three times but still look forward to each part.

As far as the shoot went I thought it went great for all. I believe there were 22 on the line? For some like myself I thought the pace was a little slow but I completely understood because of the number of shooters on the line and also since there were some youngsters there as well. Safety first. Shoot boss talked about the riflemans bubble late in the day on Sunday and I felt it. I wish we could have continued and completed a few more AQT's but time was against us.

Once again a big thank you to the host club and to the instructors. A great time had by all.