News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI AAR - Apr. 20-21, 2024

Started by T. WOLF, April 24, 2024, 01:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

Patriot's Day weekend in Fenton MI was an absolute bonanza of Riflemen.  I cannot recall giving out this many patches at a single event in my tenure as a Shoot Boss:

Brad
Doug
Raffi**
Hardcase*
Drew*
Jerry*
Lesko
Nick*
Shepard
Leadfoot Luke*
George
Turnquist
Scuba Al**
Austin*

*New Riflemen
**distinguished scores

If I forgot someone in there, please let me know - I was scrambling to record names and scores. Congratulations to our newest Riflemen, it was so great to be a part of your experience. I believe we had a couple more distinguished scores in there too, but I think you guys have a collection of rockers already!

We couldn't have asked for a better group of Americans to celebrate Patriot's Day with us.  Walt - you get the award for Most Improved over the weekend.  I know this course of fire is hard on the body, and I admire you for sticking it out. Reagan, I can't tell you how proud I was to turn around and see you in Standing position.  I know you were a little bit nervous about it, but you did great with that shorter stock and Miki by your side.  I hope I'm the Shoot Boss who gets to award your Rifleman patch, because you are one of the most promising youth shooters I have ever had the pleasure of working with.  Drew, Mr Rifleman, sir - please bring the rest of the family out, and your coworkers too!

This was a special event for Project Appleseed, as it is every year, commemorating that first generation of Americans who sacrificed so much to establish our Liberties. We come from diverse genealogies, cultures, and backgrounds, but our lineage of freedom is the same - we are descended from dangerous men (and women), and our heritage is rebellion.

This was a special event for our cadre here in Michigan too - we got to celebrate one volunteer completing their journey to become an Instructor, and we got to celebrate another volunteer beginning their journey at the same time.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge the amazing group of volunteers who dedicated their entire weekend or sacrificed time, energy, and personal resources to support our event:  Mr. Surplus, Miki, Macula Mamma, Bogie, Pocket Watch, ThreadNLead, MrZeke, Superheat, DoubleDog... we can't do any of the things we do without your dedication and support. Thank you so much for making this happen.

TONS OF PICTURES HERE

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

ThreadNLead "TL"

What a wonderful weekend! Snow on Saturday, sun on Sunday.

Thank you fellow Patriots for coming out to celebrate OUR freedoms! I ditto everything T. Wolf said above! You all are amazing and I'm so happy to share the line with you. Instructors, as always, love you all. You're the best.

Congratulations to all the rifleman, both old and new! Especially my brother Austin (King T on the forum now). But I may be biased there...

Make sure you check out the pics from this weekend in T. Wolf's post above. I took 173 pics personally.  #)

See you on the line soon, I hope!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

ThreadNLead "TL"

P. S.
Congratulations Bogie on that Red Hat!
Welcome aboard Tom, bright Shiney Orange Hat!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

mrsurplus

Congratulations to all our new Riflemen! It was a pleasure working with you all on Saturday and I am sorry I was not there on Sunday to see you get your patches and to participate in the Memorial Volley. You all obviously listened to, and actively used, the instruction you received and the results spoke for themselves. Special shout out to Leadfoot Luke, and Austin. I know you both have been working on your marksmanship for a wile now and I'm glad everything finally came together for you. Thank you Luke for stepping up and taking a hat. Your shooting days may now be over, but the benefits of instructing are a whole new kind of rush.
Thanks to the entire left side of the line crew (you know who you are). Appleseed truly appreciates all the new shooters you have brought to our events. I think it's time for some of you to consider taking a hat and helping out the cause for the long haul.
Be well everyone, and I look forward to seeing you on the line sometime soon.
MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

T. WOLF

QuoteThank you Luke for stepping up and taking a hat.

We don't have Luke in a hat yet, but it would be great to see that.  Email incoming, Luke  ;)
I'm hoping to see Austin in one too later this summer

Hardcase (Tom D) is our new orange hat  O0
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

bogie

Whoa!!! What a weekend! That was some real shooting from all of you. I couldn't be happier for you fine rifleman (both old and new). Then to have the other few basically knocking on the door was a real treat to see.

I can't add much that hasn't already been said above but; thank you for coming out, congratulations, and bring someone new back with you.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the line down the Appleseed trail.

Trying to get Siri to understand when I type npoa I mean it, and don't need autocorrect assistance.

03/20/2016 Qualified - Scoped 10/22
09/24/2016 Re-qual - Tech sight 10/22
04/17/2021 Re-qual - Scoped Marlin XT-22TR
09/30/2023 Qualified KD -

mrsurplus

" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

Stormtrooper

Excellent weekend and special thanks to the instructors.  The weekend activities honored the colonists and memorialized their sacrifice well.

Very proud of Boogie and Hardcase, good guys who will continue to make Appleseed proud for years to come.  Looking forward to future events with them in their shiny hats giving me tips :)

T.Wolf kept things moving along like a well oiled machine, MrSurplus ran the line Saturday like a champ, and MrZeke (?) loaned me a wonderful rifle that was key to getting my patch, TL and Pocket Watch helped us constantly.  Meeting the legendary Miki was fun, she's real!

Reagan and I had a blast, we are greatful to all who helped make the event happen.

Meanwhile I'm trying to not let becoming a Rifleman go to my head :P
Riddle: How many events would it take a stormtrooper to finally hit something in the movies?

T. WOLF

Quote from: Stormtrooper on April 29, 2024, 10:08:15 PMMeanwhile I'm trying to not let becoming a Rifleman go to my head :P

Soak it up! You're part of a unique group of American marksman now, and you earned it. I hope you continue honing those talents and consider taking the next step: cultivating an appreciation for those skills in your fellow Americans.