News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sherveport, LA AAR Oct. 19-20

Started by hornet41, October 22, 2013, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Although the shoot is listed as Shreveport, it's actually at the Bodcau WMA located about 30 miles N/E. Without a GPS you are almost out of luck finding it!!! Saturday morning dawned cold, damp and windy but the weather did not dampen the spirits of the 4 registered shooters who showed up on time and eager to soak up history and marksmanship!! The first redcoat showed their was work to be done. Ryan and tucker had 10/22's with tech sights, George and Madeleine were using scopes. George was shooting a bolt action. Once the first square was posted and shot it became evident that George and Ryan were pretty much "in the grove". Madeleine and Tucker required additional instruction. As we discovered shooting squares Madeleine's scope went south on her. Could not make any adjustments with it. She borrowed a loner 10/22. Tucker needed to concentrate on front sight focus. As more squares were shot everyone improved. As usual dancing fingers and dragging wood were the most offenders to good marksmanship!! Hard habits to break!!
We spent quite a lot of time on NPOA. Everyone was shooting good groups but not shifting NPOA was hurting everyone. So, this became a priority! We shot one AQT Saturday, which showed good progress had been made by all!
Sunday morning was cold and damp but no wind!! The sun came out and dried everything out and it was a very great day! After the usual admin., briefings and initial square, the "grind" began. Everyone improved through the day. Mag changes got the best of George as he only had two 5 rounders. He borrowed a loner 10/22 in the afternoon. Madeleine and Tucker progressed well!! Ryan shot a Rifleman's score with a 213 and earned his patch!! George shot a Rifleman's score with a 213 and earned his patch!! What are the odd's??? Two 213's!!!! Tucker was awarded a young patriot's patch!
My thanks to johnny for his instruction and working closely with all the shooters. He is a credit to the program!! Everyone had a good time, learned a lot and wanted to know when the next shoot was scheduled!! That says a lot!!! Great group!
hornet41

hornet41

Sorry George, this one slipped through the cracks!! My bad!!

BlacklandDirtFarmer

This was our first Appleseed but definitly not our last! Tucker and I had a great time and at the end of the first day he was already asking me when and where the next one was at. We also quizzed one another on what we had learned about the three strikes on the way home. It's amazing how much a young mind can absorb in such a short time!

The instruction and Instructors were outstanding! Moe and Johnny were Great! Even though I've had a little experience in Rifle Marksmanship, it took Moe and Johnny sometime to jog my memory(Mind and Muscle memory that is)

And to top it off Tucker and I got to meet one of the nicest couples you would want to meet. My hats off to George and Madeleine!! Mrs. Madeleine was one determind Lady but had some equipment troubles. If it where not for that I know she would have gotten here Riflemans patch also. Mrs. Madeleine, be sure and get George to mount you a good scope on that 10/22 this time, and hope to see you all at the next one!