News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Power of Appleseed

Started by pennys dad, February 22, 2011, 03:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Hi Everyone

A few Calgunners attended an Appleseed on the 19th and here is the thread discussing the event.
Enjoy the video's - I loved the Cadence drill that is some serious drilling  :)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=399820

The video's would be AWESOME for a Gun Show Booth we can bring out a large screen laptop and show the fun, are there any other videos out there?

Devnull

Was this a video that you made?

I'd like to pass this onto the WL-X promotions team to see if we can use this nationally but first have to make sure that the person who made it gives the ok. I'm not yet sure what we will do with it but I'll get some marketing masterminds cracking on it ASAP!

Can you PM me so we can discuss it a little more?
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

pennys dad

Who was the LB?  I would like to drive up and do an AS and see this first hand.  Very enjoyable.

Oh, I asked the Calgunner and he is OK with the Appleseed using his video's

Rocket Man

Just as an FYI, last year ATSN did an hour-long documentary of an Appleseed at Piru.  I've got a copy, Camljr. has a couple of copies.  It came out great.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

spitstickler

Quote from: pennys dad on February 22, 2011, 11:59:49 PM
Who was the LB?  I would like to drive up and do an AS and see this first hand.  Very enjoyable.

Oh, I asked the Calgunner and he is OK with the Appleseed using his video's

Is Calgunner the person who shot the video, Is pictured shooting, or both? We could definitely use these or parts of these for promotions. Just want to make sure we are squared away with permission from the appropriate people.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

pennys dad

Hi

Let me help.

Calguns = California based Gun/Shooting Community forum
Calgunner = describes a member of the Calguns forum
I, asked the owner of the video's yesterday what his feeling where on sharing the videos for Appleseed use.
He was OK.  I can send you his approval, or better yet, just create an acct on the Calguns forum and send the owner a PM, I can do the intro if you would like.
let me know

Castle Mountain

Yes!!  This video will definitly Look strong
On our 24 inch flat screen promo screen.

Cm

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

racky

hey guys.  it's me racky.  i'm the gun who's in the video and the guy who made the video.  i thought i'd sign up and share with you guys but penny's dad beat me to it  :).  i'll post the link of what i got here:

well i attended my first appleseed shoot on feb 19 and 20.  well originally i was gonna shoot stone cobra carbine 2.5 but i had limited funds and i had to help my family move on 20th.  i decided to sign up for a 1 day appleseed.  after the first day, i said to myself "screw moving. i'm attending the second day."  best decision i've made on both accounts.

appleseed turned out to be one of the greatest classes i've been to.  i highly recommend to anybody interested in learning marksmanship and about american history.  all i can really say is, it's an experience.  i'm not really good at after-action reports, so here's some videos.  enjoy!!!

Rifleman AQT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISkGbm_X4MA

Red Coat rapid fire :43:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo1c_wKpXc

Rifleman's cadence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLYpbEmomh4

the instructors and the orange hats were awesome! 

here's a pic of my target:

racky

oh btw, i went shooting today with my remington 700 tactical.  i was practicing my NPOA and was able to make a smiley face at 100yds  ;D.  before appleseed, i always just forced my sights onto the target.  it's totally different now.  now i move my body to the target.  appleseed is FTW

SavageShootr

Hi Racky!!

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the patch.

Nice target!  :cool2:

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete