News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Updated map of the NM/TX border.....

Started by JustJeff, March 30, 2011, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

I thought I'd post the latest map of the NM/TX border......  Please note that NM has annexed two small portions of TX, which TX wasn't using.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I thought that was the new free state "East New Mexico"?

;)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

dragit

Looks like you are turning TX into a bottle opener.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

JustJeff

Quote from: dragit on March 30, 2011, 01:50:18 PM
Looks like you are turning TX into a bottle opener.

If you'll send a couple of IIT's or IT's to Levelland, we might cede it back to you.....
It's a full shoot with short staff......
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

POP

I like your map, JJ.
I'm still laughing.   **)
Hey, dragit, SNAITF, ...  let's see Houston to Lubbock ... hmmm  ... after doing North Texas last weekend.   Yeah, you're good for it.   ;D

We're working on it.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: POP on March 30, 2011, 02:29:40 PM

We're working on it...

POP

Indeed we are.

Poolville last weekend.

Pharr for April 19th.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Blue Five

Looks like something similar to what Minnesota and Wisconsin continue to do to each other...  >:D
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

starfox

Quote from: Blue Five on March 30, 2011, 10:06:32 PM
Looks like something similar to what Minnesota and Wisconsin continue to do to each other...  >:D

Yes, well we like to consider New Mexico as unincorporated West Texas.  ;D
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

JustJeff

Quote from: starfox on March 30, 2011, 11:55:10 PM

Yeah, that's why you guys do all those shoots in NM.... oh wait, it's the other way around.....  **)

Blue Five

Quote from: starfox on March 30, 2011, 11:55:10 PM

;D That's great.  La Crosse, WI, on the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin is constantly fought over by expansionists on both sides.  Wisconsin lays claim to it still...  &)  I consider Minnesota unincorporated Wisconsin territory  ;D
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

oladcock

I've always said I lived in a suburb of Dallas...Called New Mexico.  ^:)^

I spent a big chunk of my Navy carreer in Washington State, and there was this on ol' Texan who was aways braggin about how great Texas was, biggest state, best huntin, etc... Then Mt. St. Helens blew. This WaSh*tonian who was getting tired of his braggin told him to get in the car, he wanted to show him something. They drove to a hill top where you could see the volcano spewing fire and smoke, an incredible sight to see. After a few minuets standing in awe, the WaSh*tonian says, "bet you don't have anything like that in Texas"? "Naw, can't say we do", replied the ol' Texan. A few silent moments passed when he said, "But we got a fire Dept in Ft. Worth that'll put that thing out for ya"!.......O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

jtipton

Thanks Jeff ,O.L. Jimi and Teresa, Paul and Jerry. You guys are true patriots. Missy and I really enjoyed Saturday. We are going to be practicing the things you taught us. We are still cooks but we are gaining on it!

JustJeff

I was blown away by the enthusiasm (the wind almost got me too) displayed by the fine Texans who came to the Levelland shoot.

QuoteIf you'll send a couple of IIT's or IT's to Levelland, we might cede it back to you.....
It's a full shoot with short staff......
I said this in an earlier post and, being a man of my word, must change the Eastern boundary to where it was before the change.  Texas ponied-up one instructor from an area not previously annexed.   (we're still keeping El Paso and Jerry Hall   ;) )

starfox

Quote from: JustJeff on April 04, 2011, 12:53:12 PM
I was blown away by the enthusiasm (the wind almost got me too) displayed by the fine Texans who came to the Levelland shoot.

All joking aside, we are thankful for our NM brethren who are geographically closer to some TX shoots than alot of the TX instructor cadres (hey, we're a BIG state).  I very much enjoyed meeting many of you in El Paso in Jan.  Just wish the cost of travel would pay out the benefit.   At least we know that our far flung locations are in good hands with the NM crew.   O0
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

oladcock

What a great group! jtipton, we really enjoyed being there with you and hope we'll see you again to pass out some patches.  It was our pleasure sir. :bow:

I'm working on the AAR, just got a new conputer lasst week to find my camera isn't compatable with it.  ++)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: jtipton on April 03, 2011, 11:20:36 PM
  Thanks Jeff ,O.L. Jimi and Teresa, Paul and Jerry. You guys are true patriots. Missy and I really enjoyed Saturday. We are going to be practicing the things you taught us. We are still cooks but we are gaining on it!

Dang, I read this and posted after it, but forgot to comment on yours....
You guys did really well considering the circumstances.  It's kind of hard to time your shots with the 40mph windgusts....  I saw quite a few potential Riflemen this weekend.  Thank YOU.

oladcock

Here's the AAR. I hope others got more photos, need a SDC, squad designated camerman.....O.L.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21846.0

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx