News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Top Gun Shooting Club, Leonard, TX

Started by Old Dog, October 30, 2010, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dog

Saw this place on arfcom.  You Texas folks may already be aware of this range.  If not, sounds like a great place for an Appleseed with full distance facilities.

http://www.topgunshootingclub.com/
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

voortrekker

This range is just NE of Dallas, maybe 30 minutes from Dallas,  FYI.

I have not been present on this range.

Just providing location information.

Brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Johnnyappleseed

Could that be the same top gun folks who hosted the mingus shoot Oct 06?
If memory serves they used that name  #)
Voortekker were you there at that time? I kinda recall meeting you there .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

spitstickler

This must be a new location. I've never heard of it before. Looks promising though. Initial contact sent.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

starfox

This is a new range I believe.  I stumbled across it last week while looking at Gibson's Outpost in Dallas. 

One main concern off the bat is the second picture on their website which shows what appear to be fairly minimal berms and in some kind of staggered layout.  Those don't work as well for Appleseeds because we have to essentially shut down the whole range to shoot at 25m.  Also their range fee is fairly steep ($20/day). 

Of course, any range is worth looking at and contacting.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

doubleLL

The local ranges have mentioned something about a new range in the metroplex. Thanks for finding the range, we contacted them about hosting an AS already!!!
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Grumpy

Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

M14NG

Not as close as ASC, a little further (for me) than Gibsons (closest range that allows me to shoot prone) but looks to be closer than TacPro. May try to check em out Thu or Fri this week (appear to be open only Thu - Sat and after Church Sundays) and report back to yall.
Criss

doubleLL

We met with the owner today and he is thrilled to host an Appleseed. The owner is going to shut down his range for our weekends allowing us to place our targets on the berm. We will have our first shoot March 19-20th of 2011!

The owner will let us fire all caliber rifles and we can use FMJ. The range fee is reduced for Appleseed to 30.0 for the event. We can fit 20 shooters on the line with the possibility to extend for future events. The range just opened a few months ago and the owner is building more areas.

The owner is helping with promotions and will even submit a write up to the local papers about Appleseed!!!!

Photos of our range trip below:
Davilla 3-10

doubleLL

More Photos!!!
Davilla 3-10