News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oklahoma's New State Coordinator

Started by Greg in MO, June 04, 2010, 12:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

Howdy!

I am pleased to announce that Henschman has agreed to serve as State Coordinator for Oklahoma.

We were all shocked and saddened by the passing of okiewino.  He did a great job as SC and will be missed.  Since his passing, OK has been spinning its wheels, with no direction and no shoots scheduled for 2010.  Don would not be pleased.  I think the best way to honor his memory is to make OK a shining example of what Appleseed can do for this country.

Hensch is taking this on with an already full plate, because he knows how important this is.  Failure isn't an option, for OK or the rest of us.  You have a great group of people down there and what I need is for you all to step up and help Hensch in any way you can.  Be his boots on the ground and round up places to shoot.  Help promote the shoots he schedules, and show up to instruct. 

You guys get the shoots lined up, and I will make sure they are staffed.

Please join me in thanking Hensch for stepping up, and doing all we can to helping him and OK succeed.

Greg

Old Glory!

That's awsome Henschman!  Thanks for picking up the torch.  :~
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Ratchett

Henschman,

Thank you for picking up a larger bucket, the USS America floats longer and farther!

Stay strong and keep the Faith,
In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Gordon

Those SC jobs are incredibly important and, I suspect, difficult.

Thank you for stepping up!

MamaBear

Thank you for stepping up and taking on such an important job!  O0 O0

MB
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

Scarecrow

Daniel! SC!   ^:)^
You sir, are a Steely Eyed RIFLEMAN!!   :---
Thank You!!          :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Bottom line, I didn't have the nerve to step up to it.   :-[

4bfox

Great news! Good Excellent man for the job....
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

JuniperLimb

oldgrunt

Ok Boss guess we will get stuff moving again ..lol  Count me in just let me get passed the next few months and I'll be back to work ..Glad you picked up the slack Dan.. You know we got it covered what ever happens...We look forward to what ever you dream up..

If anyone can helpout with getting ranges we will run the leads down again ..lol seeya soon ...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

POP

Way to go "Hench"

I'll be looking to help out.  OK is doable now that I spend a lot of time in Shreveport. 

Thanks for stepping up.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

henschman

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody.

Don left some pretty big boots to fill, but I know I've got all you good folks to help me out.  All we need to do is get shoots on the schedule -- the last couple of shoots have had very high turnouts.  Over 50 at Oklahoma City and over 30 at Grandfield, in the middle of a freezing downpour and with a giant mud puddle for a firing line.  Word is spreading about us, and we have lots of people interested.  The people of this state are hungry... let's feed them!

If you have any friends or family with land, talk to them about hosting an Appleseed.  If you are a member of a gun club or know anybody who runs a range, talk to them.  If you have any contacts on a military base or in the National Guard, talk to them and tell them about our very successful military shoots.  I'd love to make something like what happened at Ft. Stewart happen here in Oklahoma.  If any land/range owners want to talk to somebody from the program, let me know and I will be glad to meet with them and tell them what we are all about, what we will do for them, etc.  Just PM me and I will send you all my personal contact information.

If you find out about an upcoming gun show, post it on the forum and we'll get a group together to go hit it up.

If any of you want to come shoot with me, whether you've been to an Appleseed or not, I'm at the Pawnee City Lake shooting range every weekend.  I am also in Oklahoma City every weekday, so if any of you want to go to H&H or one of the other ranges in the area, just post up on the forum and I'm sure we'll get some other folks to show up, too.  I've found that range days are a great way to get people interested in Appleseed as well as keep up our skills, so I'm going to make more of them happen.

We've got a state, a nation, and the future of all mankind to save.  If anybody can do it, the good people of Oklahoma can.  Let's be the kind of Riflemen that would make Don proud.

See you all on the firing line!

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oktx

Thanks for stepping up.  Anything I can do to help, just ask.  I try to get out every weekend or every other weekend to Banner road if anyone wants to shoot out there.

K98Al

Awesome Hench! Thank you for taking this on.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

Dinky Dao

Henchman,

Greg in MO talked you up big time, so now I expect to be impressed....(remember to thank Greg for that. ;D ;) O0)

Your access is now set up. If there is anything you need, please feel free to send me a pm.

Welcome aboard....now get to work!

Dinky
RWVA National Staff
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

henschman

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819