News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

new ranges!

Started by jaholder, November 20, 2011, 01:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaholder

I was out running around yesterday and thought I'd pass along some information regarding some ranges in the area...

Ottawa is getting a 25 yard, center-fire rifle rated indoor range! The Gun Guys are relocating to Main Street and should be moved in by February.

The Lake Garnett Sporting Club is expanding their membership roster by about 100 IIRC. I was out there zeroing my AR's and passed a couple Appleseed flyers out to one of the members who had a couple young shooters with him. Ben - Head's up for Winterseed, the guy and the 2 boys were pretty stoked about it.

They're moving dirt at Hillsdale lake for the new range there. I drove by it late last night, several earth movers there and ground tore up. Looks like a Spring opening.

Now if I could just get a ranged opened up closer to home or at least the Emporia area... :'(

Patriot Gal

Sounds like things are moving in a very positive way in Kansas!

Good to hear.  Always good to keep those eyes and ears open for range opportunities.    O0

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

4bfox

That is great news, Jon! Thanks for the info, AND the PR....the gent DID call me, and we may have 3 more shooters next month. Hope to see you out here, too!

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

jaholder

I put 6 flyers up on the corkboard at work, only 2 remain since last month. I need some 2012 flyers if you've got a schedule set. 

Right now my schedule's in the air. I'm planning on making Winterseed but seems 3/4 of the time my plans get shot down in flames thanks to trouble calls at work. We're trying...

Quote from: 4bfox on November 20, 2011, 11:40:33 PM
That is great news, Jon! Thanks for the info, AND the PR....the gent DID call me, and we may have 3 more shooters next month. Hope to see you out here, too!

Ben