News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BURLINGTON FLATS JULY 17/18 2010

Started by Kam1969, July 18, 2010, 07:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kam1969

I wish to thank the instructor's at the July 17/18 2010 Burlington Flats Shoot. sat. was quiet eye opening with a lot of info.  on our history and shooting. My wife "Barbara" who had only fired a rifle 1time before had a good time. the instructors took the time to "get down in the dirt" and give hands on instruction, (Thank you Jose wales).
We thought it would be more of a instruction to shooting rather than a insruction in how to shoot competition. And as we were not able to return on sunday (death in family) we will not give up our goal to obtain a rifeman patch
" Runquam Umquam Redono "  ("Never Give Up")

Josey Wales

..Kam1969, I would like to thank You and your Family for "choosing" to spend a weekend of your time with us at an Appleseed event. Meeting Good American Families like yours is part of the reward of being an Appleseed Instructor..
..I would like to send my condolences to You and your Family on your loss..
..It was my pleasure to work with you guys this weekend, and when we meet again I will pick up where we left off and it will be a Glorious Day indeed..
....Strength & Honor..............................Josey Wales..........................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

The Postman

Kam1969, my condolences for your loss.

This was my first Appleseed also, and although plagued with equipment problems I learned a lot and had a great time. I especially want to thank Sgt Rock for his great leadership as our Shoot Boss, and all of the RWVA Folks who were there, especially Josey Wales, Hugh, and Dan (Odin) for their personal attention helping me to be a better rifleman and helping me through the equipment problems. All of you folks worked very hard and I do appreciate that. If payment is in good Karma, all of you will be well compensated!

Unfortunately, I felt it necessary to pull my rifle from the line at about 1:00 PM Sunday. The combination of malfunctions and frustration was leading to mistakes on my part (Crossfired onto my neighbors target after recovering from a malfunction in the 3rd string on an AQT), mistakes are ~not~ a good thing on a "Hot" firing line.

I will be registering for the Appleseed in Enfield, NH in a few weeks and hopefully things will go smoother!! I will see you all at the next Burlington Flats shoot for sure also!!

PS: Hugh, Dan, Nick and Sgt Rock, After leaving the shoot at about 1:30 I proceeded directly to my local range range to try some CCI Blazers, I put almost 200 downrange with not one failure to feed while also shooting a couple of AQTs I took from the shoot. I had the Mrs time me for one of the AQTs and shot a rifleman score!! Amazing what a perfectly functioning rifle can do for your confidence!!! FWIW, I was using Remington Golden Bullets at the shoot.  I never got through one AQT at the shoot without at least one failure to feed or a misfire. Thanks to Sgt Rock for recommending the CCI Blazers!
"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. "
Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

Josey Wales

..The Postmam,
..It was good to meet you. I am glad you enjoyed your weekend with us at an Appleseed event. Glad to see you learned fundamental marksmanship techniques from us, and keep up the good work, We shall overcome!..
..Remember malfunctions are always imminent and to stay calm and work through it is also a skill to develop, but I am glad you rifle likes its new diet of CCI !!!!........Have a Great Day.............
.....Strength & Honor...........................................................................Josey Wales..................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Kam1969

I offer my condolences for your loss..

It was pleasure to meet you, you are most welcome to return to Burlington Flats, and if you choose another shoot closer to your home they too will be glad that you had attended that shoot as well,
Appleseed does in fact, bring out the best people in this country, again I am sorry for your loss, I hope to see you folks again,

sgtrock

sgtrock

The Postman

It was indeed a pleasure to have you at the shoot,, yes these here Appleseeds have a great way to see what does work on the line, there is a lot of great info here on the forums too, feel free to browse around, you will be surprise at what other people have gone thru and what works for them, and of course that info could help you avoid those issues as well.

Thank You for coming out to B-Flats,, it was a pleasure to serve you

sgtrock