News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Rainbow, CA April 20-21, 2024

Started by StormN, April 30, 2024, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

Patriots Day at Rainbow, CA
14 shooters attended the event both days, many arrived early to help with range setup. The weather was just about perfect both days if you don't mind the normal Rainbow crosswind. We had two new Rifleman and two repeat Rifleman that shot multiple Rifleman scores. Mike also took the Orange hat. I will continue this later tonight. 
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Coyote_6

This was my first Appleseed!  Great program and great experience all around.  April is the perfect month.

Thanks for all the help. I saw noticeable improvement by day 2!

Steve

Coyote_6

I took a couple of pics.

BarkerM

This was my third Appleseed event and I've learned something new each time.   I earned Rifleman this time and I know I will improve as I keep attending.   Looking forward to learning the Project Appleseed way as I begin as an Instructor in Training.  Thanks to Norm, Debbie, and all of the other instructors and staff that make these events such a success.

kmkahuna

Quote from: StormN on April 30, 2024, 03:23:04 PMPatriots Day at Rainbow, CA
14 shooters attended the event both days, many arrived early to help with range setup. The weather was just about perfect both days if you don't mind the normal Rainbow crosswind. We had two new Rifleman and two repeat Rifleman that shot multiple Rifleman scores. Mike also took the Orange hat. I will continue this later tonight. 

So good to see the Rainbow Crew are continuing to spread the message!
Konichiwa from Japan, Therese and I send our best to our dear friends at Rainbow!  Hoping for  return posting to the States maybe this fall: definitely by August of next year.
Much love and respect!
Kurt and Therese.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803

goodoldfriend

Congrats to the new Orange hat, Mike!
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016