News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Holladay, TN - Tactical Response

Started by dond, April 29, 2024, 11:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Thirteen students assembled on beautiful but windy day on April 27 for marksmanship and history lessons at the Tactical Response range. All of them were first time Appleseeders. The range itself is extensive and beautiful. Many excellent firearm classes are offered there.  And the managers of the range were so welcoming and helpful to us. One shot with us and enjoyed it thoroughly.

The rest of the students were likewise very attentive and responsive to everything that we presented, including the history. In fact, I rarely encounter a class which is so pleasant and eager to receive our messages. Half of the students were ladies, as well as a few youths.

Many were shooting very well and should receive Rifleman Patches next time. However, Tyler did it this time with a score of 210. And, of course he received a drenching of water from the North Bridge. Congratulations Tyler.

We anticipate more events at this range, as well as more students. Since this is a new event for the area, we hope more people will learn about us.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Roswell

13 first time Appleseeders! Awesome! :partytime:

Good job Tyler! Earning Rifleman at your first event is quite an accomplishment. You earned that baptism sir.  :bow:

Sounds like a great event. Good job everyone. I hope to make it to there in the future.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

BluegrassColonel

This was a great event. The shooters were attentive and diligent. I was very happy to have 2 ladies there who Little Shine and I consider "bonus kids."  They both did very well and plan on coming back to earn their patch.

Thank you to Heather and Joey of Tactical Response for allowing the use of such a great facility!

Congratulations, Tyler! Huzzah!

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.