News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaseburg, WI AAR - April 20-21, 2024

Started by Theokestral, April 22, 2024, 12:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theokestral

This was an excellent event from start to finish.

Thank you to all the wonderful students, and thanks to the other volunteers. Your efforts now and in the future will help improve this country.

The Chaseburg Rod and Gun Club recently completed a new range on their property. It has a covered firing line with a poured concrete base. It is an excellent facility. Many thanks to the club. I was told this was the first event held on that particular bay.

We saw the full spectrum of a Wisconsin "spring". Freezing on Saturday, to a lovely 60 degrees F on Sunday. Varying wind throughout.

The average effective-range of the group (as indicated by the data on the "Hits-Count" targets) almost tripled over the weekend.

Everyone was extremely safety-conscious. No redirections regarding safety were needed the whole weekend. Well done all.

At the risk of exposing a well-kept secret... the Driftless region of Wisconsin is a treasure. The vistas are heart-breakingly beautiful. Pastoral hillsides embrace you with memories that are beyond yourself. The abundance of nature is with few peers.

And then there's the people...

The men and women of the Driftless are kind, honest, passionate, tough, hospitable, and bright-as-can-be. All these traits are apparent in their skills as Shooters and in their character as Americans.

Thank you Dan 1 and Dan 2 for scheduling the event, and for the wonderful lunches!

Congratulations to John and Jake.
John earned his Rifleman patch on Saturday under challenging wintery conditions.
Jake qualified twice with a persistent and positive attitude and with good humor.

Well-done to our two youth students, who showed that they have the grit to stick it out with the "grown-ups". "Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all."

More to follow, and photos...

Theokestral

Our youngest student reading the "Bloody Butchery Broadside".

Theokestral

Shoot Boss's campsite, looking across the Mississippi towards Minnesota. Frosty in the morning, but still comfy.  :)

SIGSauerKraut

You write the most inspiring reports.
The back & forth flow between you and the group is energizing.
Kippis!

1778ppr

The Chaseburg Rod and Gun club is a very nice facility. The Chaseburg area is very scenic. I was glad I attended this event.

Again Project Appleseed was an excellent experience. This was my second time. I plan to attend more. Everyone did a great job. Thanks for a great experience. Good times.

Thanks again, John