News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ZANESVILLE---BRIAR RABBIT BACK ON THE SCHEDULE!!!

Started by Ratchett, August 21, 2012, 03:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Hey Ohio,

Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports is once again on the Ohio AS schedule. Check out the up-coming dates, let your friends and family know!!

Thank you Shawn Torres and Briar Rabbit!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

LindaFromAppleCreek

Oh, Yippee!! And at least 2 of those are on my weekend off from work!

aka Mustang380gal

Anwalt

I saw that the schedule link above has Zanesville, but no dates.  Did I miss something?

Anwalt
"An act that is inherently evil does not become moral simply because there's a majority consensus." - Dr. Walter E. Williams

Ratchett

Hi Anwalt and family!!

Here is link to Ohio shoots. Zanesville dates are posted. I do believe when I started thread the dates were not up and I did not add  :slap:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=OH&statename=Ohio
IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

SkycaptainX

Greetings. Can someone confirm if there is indeed an event in Zanesville for September 29,30.
I called the Briar Shooting range and no one knows or has been contacted by anyone from Appleseed. Also, not even one person has registered for the event.
Can anyone tell me if the event has been cancelled?
Thank you
Chris

slim

I'm not sure if it's been cancelled or not, but as you've indicated already, there's nobody signed up for the event.

There was a scheduling conflict at this venue and it probably didn't get cleared up in time for folks to sign up. We are having events there (for sure because I'm signed up!) on November 10th and December 15th weekends. Please join us then.

If you're free this weekend, there's a sold out shoot at Wilmington. You may not be able to shoot (if everyone shows up and the line is full) but you can definitely come out and join us. If someone doesn't show, you can take their spot.

Hope to meet you soon!

SkycaptainX

Thank you for the quick reply. I indeed wanted to attend the event in Wilmington but was sold out 2 weeks ago. Wow, must be a great location. I would love to attend but hoping that there will be no shows, mmm not sure. I have a good friend coming with me and I would hate to have either of us miss out on a great event. Looks like we will try again.
THanks again for the reply.  Have a great weekend.

Quisling

Necro'd because I didn't think a new thread was warranted...

I'm signed up (with a few friends) for the Dec 15/16 Zanesville shoot at Briar Rabbit but have a quick question:

Two of us have LTRs but the third only has a .308. Now I think the range supports it and everything, but he's tight on money as it is and dropping $400+ on ammo for a weekend isn't exactly a great idea for him right now, plus I think his bolt-action would likely slow him down and frustrate him.

If anyone is planning on attending the shoot (instructor or shooter) and has an extra LTR lying around to spot him so he can save on ammo for at least the Saturday shoot, I think he'd be crazy grateful. We'll have tons of ammo and everything, but the rifle is key.

Thanks everyone, see you in a few weeks and happy shooting!  :~
Every single member of the colonial militia was a traitor to the crown and committed treason under the laws they agreed to live under.

But they did it with moral hearts, eyes to the future. They did it because new laws were being created that threatened their livelihood and the world they had created for themselves and their neighbors. They did it because it was the only right thing to do.

So yes,they were traitors and they were treasonous in a sense; but they were not traitors to their beliefs. They may have been quislings to the crown, but they were not quislings to their moral compass.

They wore this identity on their sleeves in most cases, fighting for their rights and letting everyone know about it. They took it on as a badge of honor, and refused to stoop to the lower moral level.

So who were the real quislings?

Corvette

I am sure that whoever ends up working this event will have an LTR to loan your friend.  I dont' know yet if I will be working it or I would offer mine.  Keep an eye on the forum and I am sure someone will work something out with you. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

slim

I will bring 1 LTR specifically for your friend, Quisling.

Glad to hear you folks are signed up. See you in a few weeks and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Quisling

Thanks Slim! We'll be there. Might even try to convince a few more guys to tag along.
Every single member of the colonial militia was a traitor to the crown and committed treason under the laws they agreed to live under.

But they did it with moral hearts, eyes to the future. They did it because new laws were being created that threatened their livelihood and the world they had created for themselves and their neighbors. They did it because it was the only right thing to do.

So yes,they were traitors and they were treasonous in a sense; but they were not traitors to their beliefs. They may have been quislings to the crown, but they were not quislings to their moral compass.

They wore this identity on their sleeves in most cases, fighting for their rights and letting everyone know about it. They took it on as a badge of honor, and refused to stoop to the lower moral level.

So who were the real quislings?

slim

I have a few more rifles. All they'd need to do is show up.

LindaFromAppleCreek

I'm also planning to be there, and will have a Ruger 10/22.
aka Mustang380gal

Edheler

It is looking likely that I will be at Zanesville for this shoot. I have a couple of LTR's as well so there shouldn't be any problems no matter how many people need rifles.

slim

Glad to hear you folks can make it. Please sign up on the schedule so it's all official-like. Thanks.

Oh... and bring your big rifles too!

Dougum

Might make it but its also Deer Gun season so I don't know if that will be possible. Although previous experience tells me that I should already be packing for Appleseed I may go out and waste a weekend in the freezing cold again. I'm sure the AR would love to see its first 400 Yards / Appleseed Event so we might make it. See Ya'll sometime either this year or next,

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

LindaFromAppleCreek

Quote from: slim on November 29, 2012, 09:03:55 PM
Glad to hear you folks can make it. Please sign up on the schedule so it's all official-like. Thanks.

I guess I'll pack the Garand, then.  O0

aka Mustang380gal

Dougum

Quote from: LindaFromAppleCreek on December 10, 2012, 07:26:57 PM
Quote from: slim on November 29, 2012, 09:03:55 PM

I guess I'll pack the Garand, then.  O0

Aw man you shouldn't have said that! I really dont want to miss some Garand shooting but I think I'd rather stay home be apathetic and sit in a treestand. At least it beats a couch.

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

slim

A treestand is a great place to practice your strikes. Just be sure you say them quietly!