News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Soldotna, AK May 17-18 2014

Started by ItsanSKS, May 22, 2014, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Instructors and Students- please feel free to relate your experiences and thoughts regarding the Project Appleseed Event that was held in Soldotna, AK on May 17-18 2014.

I will be adding my own thoughts to this post soon, but would love to hear from all the attendees, too!

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Pete!

I barely made it through Saturday when the temp hit 72F!  Scorching!!   ;D
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

509gman

It cooled off the second day and everyone complained about that too! Alaskans are never happy.
And speaking of scorchers, I'd say "we didn't start the fire" is the theme song of this weekend ;).

Hard, challenging, and rewarding shoot.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Taka222

It was a truly awesome weekend, and very rewarding.

And of course, must add pics  ;D
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Colorado Pete

Splendid to see AS working in AK!
I left a gas cap in a Soldotna gas station in 1994...I might have to go back for it, and bring my red hat just in case....
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper