News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

More bad news from The Derry Brownfield Show...

Started by JustJeff, April 29, 2011, 02:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

I opened my FB page a few minutes ago to see this: "
QuoteTHE DERRY BROWNFIELD SHOW!!
LISTENERS... THE BROWNFIELDS HAVE MADE A DECISION TO CLOSE THE SHOW - DO YOU WANT ME TO CARRY ON? I'm willing to do so BUT I need your help!!! 573-796-2036 - for today... I LOVE ALL OF YOU... Beth"

Beth is an avid supporter of Appleseed, and has gotten our message out to thousands in the past.  Please support her, and the Commonsense Coalition, in whatever way you can!
I called in to see what I could do to help.  I was told that Beth will continue as "The Commonsense Coalition," but that they have to find new office space and equipment.  This is an expensive proposition, and they are accepting donations in whatever amount you can afford to send.  You can send your donations to:
Beth Shoeneberg
PO Box 73
California, MO 65018

Once they have the LLC set up, they'll probably create the new website and have a 'paypal' tab. Until then, checks should be made out to Beth.

Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Cooper

JJ thanks for posting this!!

I just called Beth and offered support for her to continue the work of the Common Sense Coaliltion.

'seeders!  call her with your good wishes and mail in those checks!!

I invited her to the Washburn AS June 4-5, and she said that she'd think about it...

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

scuzzy

That's sad. I heard about Appleseed from the Brownfield show back in 2008. SamD was being interviewed.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

JustJeff

Quote from: scuzzy on April 29, 2011, 04:31:45 PM
That's sad. I heard about Appleseed from the Brownfield show back in 2008. SamD was being interviewed.
Funny that you mention SamD... because, while he's no longer with the program, he STILL promotes AS when he can.  Sam is on top of this issue, as well.... he was my 2nd phone call (Beth was first) when I heard about this.
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JustJeff

Quote from: Cooper on April 29, 2011, 03:58:21 PM
JJ thanks for posting this!!

I just called Beth and offered support for her to continue the work of the Common Sense Coaliltion.

'seeders!  call her with your good wishes and mail in those checks!!

I invited her to the Washburn AS June 4-5, and she said that she'd think about it...

Janelle

O0