News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Weeeee

Started by JustJeff, October 11, 2010, 02:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

Range:  City of Carlsbad Municipal Range

Address:   314 North Happy Valley Rd., Carlsbad, New Mexico

Website: www.cityofcarlsbadnm.com/parks_and_recreation/action_sports_complex

When:  Feb 20-21, 2010
            Nov 13-14, 2010

Five more weeks!!!!! It'll be here before you know it!!!!!!  Everyone should post the event on their FaceBook profile, and I'll add it to the NM OathKeepers calendar of events.  I'll also create an Event on my FaceBook page.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

BobABQ

Good job and congratulations!

JustJeff

^:)^ Four more weeks!!!!!  ^:)^
:~ ..:.. :---
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Devnull

Quote from: JustJeff on October 18, 2010, 10:53:00 AM

Ah, such enthusiasm! I love it!

Keep this up and we just might have to put you to work.  >:D ~~:)
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

JustJeff

Quote from: Devnull on October 18, 2010, 01:08:14 PM
Quote from: JustJeff on October 18, 2010, 10:53:00 AM

Ah, such enthusiasm! I love it!

Keep this up and we just might have to put you to work.  >:D ~~:)

That's ok....SamD already has me working my butt off doing 7th step work...... I keep avoiding him on the first 6 though... "The floggings will continue until you make 'Rifleman.'"

Devnull

Quote from: JustJeff on October 19, 2010, 11:46:41 AM
I keep avoiding him on the first 6 though... "The floggings will continue until you make 'Rifleman.'"

Well there's your problem!  ;D  ~~:)

I tell you what, you have THE best resource for learning the Marksmanship and Heritage at your fingertips. Sounds like you will REALLY earn that patch!  O0

JustJeff

psssssst has anyone else realized it's only 2 weeks until Carlsbad???????

ranchroo

YESSSS!!!! Two weeks and the Wilkies are not deer hunting, not working cows, not in Indy at FFA Nationals, not doing nuthin' but APPLESEED!
"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

SamD

Don't forget I have a package for you ranchroo!

oladcock

Hey Ranchroo, It'll be great to see you again! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

ranchroo

Thank you Sam!  I do remember.

We are looking forward to having some fun and knocking out some AQTs!
"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

JustJeff

^:)^ :~ :--- ..:..
Wooo Hoooo!!!! One more week!!!
^:)^ :~ :--- ..:..

JustJeff

Yoo hoo...... 4 more days until  ~~:) and  :--- and then  ..:..
^:)^ Registered!!!!

Jerry Hall

At the same time, 180 miles away there's an A.S.Shoot in Las Cruces.

Y'all BE safe and have Fun!!!!

See Ya in a month in Roswell.

Happy Trails,

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

JustJeff

Quote from: Jerry Hall on November 09, 2010, 01:08:01 AM

Happy Trails,

Jerry
Hey Jerry, I mentioned you to an EMT I 7th stepped today (he's taking classes in EP) and he thinks he's heard your name somewhere..... You'll get to meet him at the next Alamo shoot if you make it here.  Hopefully he'll make it to Carlsbad as well.

JustJeff

Happy Trails,

Jerry

Oh, and Las Cruces is closer to me......but all MY instructors (except you :( ) will be in Carlsbad, and they deserve to be the ones flogging me towards my patch.

SamD

Speaking of which why weren't you on the range Sunday?

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on November 09, 2010, 01:39:27 AM
Speaking of which why weren't you on the range Sunday?
Sunday??? I don't remember hearing about being at the range on Sunday.  I DID get to the range today though, and fixed a scope problem (needed shimmed and the factory ramp-sight removed because it was in contact with the scope--thanks to another Sam --the muzzlebrake guy-- for the help on that one).
Sunday I spent the day hanging sheetrock in a stairway....same as Saturday, Friday, and Thursday.  I even missed Chris Dearstynes going away party :(  When did you tell me I was supposed to be at the range Sunday?

SamD

You are supposed to be there every day.

JustJeff

Hey guys......Thanks for the 'heads-up' on "Vets shoot free from Nov 11-Dec31"....... I registered and paid on Monday night... :p

oladcock

"Thanks for the 'heads-up' on "Vets shoot free from Nov 11-Dec31"

New to me? But what do I know?! :) Looking forward to seeing everyone. Trying to drag a couple more shooters with me....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

First I've heard of it too.
Another detail lost somewhere in this Forum
where is it?

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on November 10, 2010, 09:52:34 AM
First I've heard of it too.
Another detail lost somewhere in this Forum
where is it?
Sam, I got it from the AS Facebook page, and other than a post this morning in NJ there isn't a reference to it here that I can see (no access to the super-topsecret instructor side of the site).  It may be that someone forgot to mention it to the Instructor Staff.......

No big deal anyway....AS needs the funds to run, so I'd consider it a donation to the cause.

oladcock

Ok...Been digging around the site, I can't find refference to it anywhere. I agree with it however but I really need to find out before I pass out 200 flyers at a veterans event tomorrow!....O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

The first post seems to be listed in "WL-X" by someone named "Big H", directing that it be spread far and wide.
Don't know about any official imprimatur but go ahead and spread the word, and I'll worry about it later.

Fill the line!  If they are big enough to handle the rifle and capable of following instructions I'll take 'em.

Sam

oladcock

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18424.msg148025#msg148025

Yep, I don't know who looks at the "WL" stuff, I know I don't, maybe I should and will start looking there if that's where they are going to post stuff like this. I look at the instructor, shoot boss, and state topics daily...O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Jerry Hall

Quote from: JustJeff on November 09, 2010, 01:26:46 AM

Happy Trails,

Jerry
Hey Jerry, I mentioned you to an EMT I 7th stepped today (he's taking classes in EP) and he thinks he's heard your name somewhere..... You'll get to meet him at the next Alamo shoot if you make it here.  Hopefully he'll make it to Carlsbad as well.

Howdy Y'all,

He probably saw my pic on the wall at the post office.
Hey, in pasing gas... there's 20 pre-regesters in Las Cruces this weekend with 2 Instructors and I . Should prove to be entertaining.  :D

I'll be seein you all soon, Roswell's only 3 weekends away.

Till then, Happy Trails....Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Devnull

20 pre-reges? Y'all need help, just say the word.

SamD

Chris you probably ought to call Dan and Gill on that.
After the little crowd watching Dan and I a couple weeks ago we generated some interest so there will be walk ons.

I would love to do LC, lot closer to home, but am committed to doing Carlsbad so we can upgrade OL.

Sam

Devnull

Yeah I PMed them both just after reading about the prereg numbers.