News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mini Appleseed shoots

Started by DaveD, February 06, 2009, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

The following dates are confirmed for mini shoots:     :~

Feb 21,  Mar 28,  May 30,  Jun 20,  Jul 11  -  all Saturdays

Where:  Cloverdale Conservation Club,  Cloverdale , IN

Time:  9:15 AM to 4 PM

Cost: $10 per person

Please reserve a slot!! Only have room for 20 shooters  PM or call Dave @ (765) 301-0358
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

M1FREDQ

What part of Indiana is Cloverdale????????

How far from Valparaiso-Northwest Indiana???? :D @@) :~ @)

DaveD

We are just north of I70, off exit 41 (SR 231)  Had a great shoot today (aren't they all?)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

unforgiven1203

it was a great shoot! I'm very happy to have backed up my rifleman score 211 an 216(with a misfire)! I especially enjoyed getting some shooting time in with my dad, his health isn't real good , so I'm trying to get some quality time in. My nephew could score rifleman pretty easy, if we can get him to focus on the task. thanks to Dave D and Hawk for the excellent instruction! :~

hawkhavn

Dave,

You and yours are welcome to any Appleseed! A fine bunch of folks.

We did have a good day. The weather was a bit contrary but above freeezing at least.

See you all again soon,
Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Bill of Rights

Thanks to Dave and Hawkhavn for a great day.

Thanks to my fellow shooters for coming out and starting to bail.

One more cook has moved on to a new position. Are we melting down these old frying pans for Ruger to make into 10/22 barrels or what?

Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

miguel

What is a mini shoot compared to the "regular" weekend of Appleseed?
Fierce defiance

hawkhavn

Miguel,

We may just work on one or two positions, not the full telling of the history.
Think of it as 'Intro to Appleseed' or knocking the rust off for someone who has been to a full weekend.

Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

DaveD

All,

Update on Mini Shoots for the rest of year at Cloverdale Conservation Club.  Please be aware that I may be able to change some to Full Appleseeds! (Maybe) 

Any way here goes:  May 30,  Jun 20,  Jul 18,  Aug 15,  Sept 12,  Nov 14,  Dec 19

Start time 0900 hrs - end around 1600 hrs

Questions?  PM me

Thomas Jefferson

ATM

Mar 28 mini was a great day! Very helpful and got me more excited about the upcoming Lafayette Appleseed.
I guess I'm currently wielding a frypan but eyeing the buckets and those who bail with increased admiration. <:)

Thanks DaveD and hawkhavn and congrats to Bill of Rights and unforgiven1203!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

DaveD

***** UPDATE *****

The following Appleseed activities are scheduled for the Cloverdale Conservation Club:

May 30 Mini
Jun 27/28 Full Appleseed
Jul 18 Mini
Aug 15 Mini
Sept 26/27 Full Appleseed
Oct 17 Mini
Nov 14 Mini
Dec 19 Mini

To register for the Mini's please PM me.

Full Appleseed registration is on line or by mail. I will post here when they have been entered into the system so that you may register.

Thomas Jefferson

hawkhavn

DaveD,

Thank you for all of your hard work!
I believe you are personally responsible for what, 10 appleseeds and mini's this year, real 7th step action here folks!

Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

DaveD

Jun 27/28 and Sept 26/27 Appleseeds are available online for registration.

Thomas Jefferson

sparkie

Dave,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  My brother-in-law, Rick and myself, will be joining you for the mini-shoot on May 30.   I have a guy at work who said he and his son may be coming too.  As for rifles, I have three set-up to use, so we should be good to go.  If the guy at work is coming for sure, I will e-mail you later this week.  Anyway me and Rick will see you on Saturday.

Thanks,  Jeff

DaveD

Jeff

Thanks.  I believe that brings us up to approx 15 shooters

Dave

Thomas Jefferson

ATM

Weather forecast looks good for Saturday. I'm bringing my LTR to loan out. See you there!

Edit: Forecast changed... probable rain. I love Indiana.

Edit: Rain held off - we had great weather! (I still love Indiana.)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0