News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle of Saratoga tour - 07.04.10

Started by sureshot, July 04, 2010, 08:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sureshot

Another beautiful day, albeit very hot. Wasn't able to complete the entire tour but I will return to finish this up in a few weeks.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=dchend&target=ALBUM&id=5490185832254971713&authkey=Gv1sRgCI7wwtnA5-y2lwE&feat=email&mode=SLIDESHOW
If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about" Gen Hugh Percy

nyrasgt

SS,
  Toured Saratoga Battlefield Park in March following IBC @ Dunham's Bay F&G Club, Lake George, with crak, Buzzworth, and Firewall 99.  Was outstanding, though a tad nippy...well - cold.  Chief Ranger Greg Wozniak gave us talk and musket demo - outstanding hospitality (we're trying to return the favor by having him and his fellow rangers as our guests @ a local Appleseed soon).  LED diorama of battle something we need to look at re 19 April, 1775 events...
   FYI going back to DB for another IBC in March, 2011, thence to Fort Ticonderoga on Lake George - should come with us...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Nickle

Consider checking out Mount Independence on the VT side of the lake from Ft Ti.

I've been to both tours, you'll get a lot on the French and Indian War at Ft Ti.

I live pretty close to both of them.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.